First we want to remind the ladies to check out our July Sparkle Challenge – time is ticking away.
Secondly, we want to share with you the amazing weekend we had – we attended the wedding of a dear friend in Detroit, Michigan. It was a quick trip to witness the vows of a lifetime – actually THEIR lifetime! We never tire of being there for friends and family, and we take our presence seriously in helping to see them uphold these vows in the years to come. What a privilege it is to watch God take two completely different people and unite them into “one flesh”. It’s a miracle!
Who witnessed your wedding? Are they still involved in your lives? Do they help you remember those words you promised so long ago? If they do, count yourself blessed! In this day and age having friends such as these are rare indeed and worth emulating.
Now on to what’s happening around town this week:
- Winter Park Playhouse presents “An Evening with Mark Twain” featuring Michael Edwards. Performances begin Friday, July 23rd and run through August 1st. Showtimes vary – all tickets are $25.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte – Friday Night Live on July 23rd from 8p -10p. This week the music of Willtown will fill the air! The event is FREE.
- Waterford Lakes – This outdoor shopping plaza has many great restaurants from which to choose. After wards enjoy strolling through the many shops.
- Universal Studios – Hard Rock Live presents Weird Al Yankovic on Wednesday, July 21st at 8p. Tickets are $35.
- Bok Tower Gardens – Saturday, July 24th presents Live at the Gardens! Tammerlin. Concert is at 7:30p and tickets cost $20.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery presents the Summer Concert Series on Saturday, July 24th from 1p – 4p. FREE
- Eustis – Downtown Cruise-In on Saturday, July 24th. If you enjoy classic cars – this event welcomes over 250 different styles to see and admire. You may want to take in a local restaurant for dinner. Check out the many venues available in this historic town.
- Mount Dora – it’s always fun to explore a smaller town for a dinner and an evening stroll. Here is a list of the restaurants in downtown Mt. Dora.