We are full blown into the Dog Days of Summer. This name was given because of the constellations which appear brilliantly in the night sky during the summer months look just like dogs when connected together. The days are hot, steamy and long. What often happens this time of year is a blanket of lethargy cloaks itself over us leading to laziness and complaining about all kinds of things. We, like dogs, howl at the moon wishing for cooler weather!
A Puritan writer who was purposing to grow in contentment purposed to not do several things. At the top of his list was this resolve: Never complain about the weather!
Living in Central Florida, this is quite a regular complaint in our hearts! So how can we change? By purposing to be grateful to God for life, love and air conditioning! We are rich in many ways, let’s not allow the temperature outside to dictate our mood on the inside. In times like these it’s best to push forward and plan something! That’s where our calendar comes in! If you don’t live around here – do a Google search for something out of the ordinary that you can do this coming week. It may just make your marriage sizzle again, and then maybe it won’t feel so hot outside! 🙂
- Downtown – On Saturday, July 31st and Sunday, August 1st, receive FREE admission to the Orange County Regional History Center. Hours are 10a to 5p. on Sat. and 12p – 5p Sunday.
- Wildside BBQ and Grill in Thornton Park hosts The Jim Young Jazz Project on Saturday, July 31st at 8p.
- Winter Park – Enzian Theatre is presenting a FREE showing of Back to the Future on Thursday, July 29th at 3p. Or for $5 you can see it on Saturday, July 31st at 12:30p.
- Rockin’ Lake Eola – Friday, July 30th from 5p -11p. This week’s band is James Boyd Band, and Andrew Beselica.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live. On July 30th from 8p – 10p. Charlie DeChant will perform at the Eddie Rose Ampitheater.
- Waterford Lakes – Farmers Market on Saturday, July 31st from 8a – 1p. FREE.
- Limousine Scavenger Hunt – Saturday, July 31st starting at 5:30p until 1a. Form teams of 8 to compete against other teams as you travel around Orlando answering clues and gathering tips. $60pp.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery presents the Summer Music Fest on Saturday, July 31st from 1p – 4p. Tickets are FREE. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
- Tampa – Dave Matthews Band performs live at the Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds. The concert begins at 7p. Tickets vary.
- Tampa – Carlos Santa Universal Tone Tour at the Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds. The concert begins at 7:30p.
Ladies – this is the final week for our challenge. E-mail me your entries by Saturday, July 31st, (firstname.lastname@example.org). I can’t wait to see what you’ve done!!! Husbands, you shouldn’t have any idea what we’re talking about! 🙂