The beginning of July we started a challenge for the wives. We called it the Sparkle Challenge encouraging the ladies to visit The Dating Divas blog for a great date idea (or come up with their own idea) with which to surprise their husband sometime over the course of a month. We have two wives who shared their dates with us, and we can’t wait to share them with you.
Today we hear a very creative date by Tracy, who happens to be our daughter :-). She and Seth have been married for five years. Enjoy!
For the July Sparkle Challenge I surprised my husband with a half-birthday party to mark the halfway point to his 30th birthday.
I sent out invitations.
- We called it his 29.5 birthday party. Half the letters were missing, half & half.
We then went out to lunch.
- Split a meal, half & half…
We came home and later that night I surprised him with a party:
- Including friends old and new, half & half…
Our games all fit the half-birthday party theme.
- We played 2 truths and a lie, half & half.
- Girls vs. guys Catch Phrase, half & half.
- Half-court basketball, half & half.
Our desserts even fit the half & half theme. I made:
- Black and white cookies, half & half.
- We drank passion tea/lemonade, black tea/lemonade and coffee with half & half, all half & half.
Overall, I think he was very surprised with his 29.5 half-birthday party. We had a blast and made many fun memories. I think this might become a tradition! 😉