Welcome to another week in the life of your marriage. What will it hold? What memories are waiting to be made? How will life and love play out in this 7 day period?
Recently, I had the privilege of listening to a dear friend whose husband is facing a very serious illness. Life is certainly NOT going according to her plan, yet her love for the Lord and her husband was evident as she spoke words of thanks with tear-filled eyes. She is grateful for God’s provision. She is grateful for the time she has with her husband. She is grateful to God for giving her new mercies and fresh grace every morning.
Her gratefulness has caused me to awaken with a fresh resolve to make the most of the day. None of us know how our lives will play out from week to week. We make plans and do what we know to do. But, if we knew life was going to drastically change next week, what would we do differently this week? I know I would be more purposeful in actually DOING the things I say are important to me.
As my husband has told me often times, the graveyard is filled with those who had great intentions. May I be faithful to do all I sense God leading me to do this day, this week, this month, this year! This includes loving my husband completely and unselfishly.
Here’s what’s happening around town:
- Lake Eola Park – Rockin Lake Eola on Friday, August 21, beginning at 5p. This week’s tribute is to Queen.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Jazz Jams Uptown on Saturday, August 21st from 7p – 10p. Food and Drink will be available to purchase – the event is FREE. The featured artist is Blake Aaron.
- Deland – Hot Summer Nights on Saturday, August 21st from 4p – 9p. FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – Shrimp and Seafood Festival on Thursday, August 19th from 5p – 9p. Seafood samples will be available from $3 – $5 from a variety of local restaurants. Come stroll historic Flagler Avenue as we say farewell to the summer.
- Flirting with Food For Couples – On Monday, August 16th from 6p – 9p. Come together to the Gourmet Magic Culinary School and cook a memory. Cost is $110 per couple.
- Lake Wales – Bok Tower Gardens presents Live At The Gardens, The Repeatles on Saturday and Sunday, August 21st and 22nd from 7:30p – 9:00p. Tickets are $20.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery August Stomp on Saturday, August 21st from 10a. to 5p. and Sunday, August 22nd from 11a. to 5p. Cost is $2 per person and benefits the South Lake Boys and Girls Club.
Photo from Bahamas Harvest Church.
Pingback: Tweets that mention Mark Your Calendar | The Romantic Vineyard -- Topsy.com