School is back in session; the days are getting shorter.
The store shelves are lined with fall decor.
Labor Day is one week from today; it’s the official end of summer.
Why not plan a Kiss Summer Goodbye for Two party? It would be simple, really. First, come up with a menu for two: Anything on the grill would be appropriate. Or make some chicken salad and serve it inside one half of a fresh pineapple with the center removed. Second, print your favorite pictures from the things you did this summer and scatter them around a table with lots of candy kisses. Third, lay a blanket on the living room floor with a beach ball and maybe a favorite board game. Finally, with the Beach Boys playing in the background you’ve got the setting for a perfect way to end the summer. The best part is kissing – kissing is always a big part of saying goodbye.
While you’re “kissing summer goodbye,” use this time to plan ahead for the busy fall and holiday season. It’s easy to push date nights aside because there’s no time to think or plan. This would be the perfect time to think of what will work for you, ensuring your most important relationship isn’t neglected.
Now for what’s happening around town:
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – Date Night in the Garden on Friday, Sept. 3rd. This month’s featured movie is “That Old Feeling”, and it begins at dusk. Enjoy an outdoor movie in a beautiful garden setting. Patrons may bring a blanket or chairs and dinner picnic basket. Garden Admission is $7.00 plus tax; FREE for members.
- Lake Ivanhoe Village sponsors First Friday Art Stroll September through December. Each month the location varies to a different part of Ivanhoe Row. This month it will be on Sept. 3rd between Lake Ivanhoe Blvd. & New Hampshire on Orange Ave. The stroll runs from 5p – 9p. and is FREE.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown presents Friday Night Live Unplugged on Friday, Sept. 3rd from 8p – 10p. Bring your chairs. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – Celebrate Mt. Dora all Labor Day weekend. There will be a chili cook-off for $5. All other events are free. Saturday from 2-6PM a Chili Cookoff & Pie Baking Contest and a Water Sports Demo on Lake Dora will be held in town. Also on Saturday the Lawn Bowling Club will be offering free lessions from 11AM-4PMLive music by The Insecurities at Grantham Point from 5-8PM. Fireworks finish off the event on Lake Dora at 8PM. For more information please contact 352-383-2165.
- Eustis – First Friday Street Fest on Sept. 3rd from 6p – 10p. The event will take place at Ferran Park on the lake. This event will be themed “That 70’s Reunion”.
- Titusville – Cruise-In Bluegrass and Seafood Festival on Saturday, Sept. 4th from 2p – 6p.
- Titusville – Music In The Forest on Saturday, Sept. 4th from 5p – 8p. Pack a picnic and plan to enjoy live music in a beautiful setting.
- Winter Garden – The Garden Theatre Summer Movie Series continues. On Thursday, Sept. 2nd – Saturday, Sept. 4th, enjoy a classic movie on the big screen. This month’s feature presentation is His Girl Friday (1952). Showtime is 7p and tickets are $5.
- Clermont – The Yalaha Bakery is an authentic German Deli and Bakery which provides live entertainment on their outdoor stage. This Saturday, Sept. 4th the entertainment will be provided by Grant Peeples from 11a. – 2p. FREE, but you’ll want to take home some great bread and/or pastries!