We attended another wedding this past weekend, and as always we marveled at the miracle we were privileged to witness. Marriage ceremonies are sacred because of the “unseen guest”. God, who is ever present, yet unseen, bears witness to the vows exchanged and seals the deal by joining a man and a woman together as “one flesh”. It is a mystery, but uniquely beautiful, and one we never tire of!
Now for what’s happening around town this week:
First, and foremost – don’t forget to VOTE on Tuesday, November 2nd! Also, Daylight Saving Time will end on Sunday, November 7th at 2a. We “fall back,” gaining an extra hour – why not make plans with this extra hour after the kids are in bed on Saturday night. 😉
- Ivanhoe Village presents First Friday’s Art Stroll on November 5th from 6p. – 9p. There will be food available and live music as you stroll the beautiful Ivanhoe Village. The event is FREE.
- Leu Gardens presents Date Night in the Garden on Friday, November 5th. The garden opens at 6p. The featured film is “The Blind Side,” and it begins at 8:30p. Cost is $7 plus tax. Members are FREE.
- Downtown Lake Eola – 40th Annual Fall Fiesta In The Park. Saturday, November 6th and Sunday, November 7th. The event is FREE.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live Unplugged on Friday, November 5th from 7p. – 9p. This week Michael J. will be playing, and as always the concert is FREE.
- Uptown Altamonte hosts the 2nd Annual Latin Festival on Sunday, Nov. 7th from 12p – 6p. The event is FREE.
- Lake Mary / Heathrow Festival of the Arts will take place on Saturday, November 6th and Sunday, November 7th. The cost is FREE.
- Deland – Volusia County Fair begins Thursday, November 4th and runs through the 14th. Please visit their website for all the details!
- Space Shuttle Discovery is launching Wednesday, November 3rd, and you can have front row seats from Mosquito Lagoon in your own kayak. Cost is $32 per person and seats are limited. Check site for more details.
- Cape Canaveral- Friday Fest on November 5th. from 6p – 10p. The event is FREE.
- Daytona Beach – Halifax Arts Festival will be November 6th and 7th. The event is FREE.
- Celebration – On Saturday, November 6th from 10a. – 3p. come to the Alfa Romeo Car Show – 2010. The rarest Alfa Romeo in the world will be on display. The event is FREE.
- Bok Tower Gardens will present Sunset & Symphony on Saturday, November 6th from 6p – 8p. Tickets are $20 for the general public and $15 for members.