Thanksgiving is over, and the Christmas season is in full swing. The older we get the faster the time between these two holidays seems to pass. All the more reason to plan a date night with your spouse. Sure, family is important, but so is your marriage! If you don’t think about it now – chances are you’ll be flipping the calendar to 2011 without one special romantic memory of this Christmas past.
Why not take some time to visit our Husband and Wives Only rooms; there are several ideas to get you started in planning something special. Or if you’d like to go out, we have discovered some excellent events happening around town.
- Altamonte Springs – Cranes Roost Park presents a Holiday Choreographed Fountain Show nightly (except when there are special events), at 6,7,8, and 9 p.m. The cost is FREE.
- Friday Night Live Unplugged also at Cranes Roost Park. This week will feature the music of Ed Self with his Rockin’ Holiday Show. The show begins at 7p. Cost is FREE.
- Light Up The Holidays at Cranes Roost Park. On Saturday, December 4th, Join in the fun as the City of Altamonte Springs and Progress Energy celebrate the yearly tradition of the lighting of Cranes Roost Park. There will be music, entertainment, fireworks, and of course Santa and Mrs. Claus. The regions largest Christmas tree will be on display as well as the Holiday Fountain show. Food and drink will be available for purchase throughout the venue. Don’t miss this fun, free evening of entertainment in the park.
- Ivanhoe Row – First Friday Art Stroll on December 3rd. What better way to spend an evening out than wining, dining, shopping and strolling the streets of Ivanhoe Village when they come alive on the First Friday of each month with the addition of artists and live musicians. Swanson’s Ivanhoe Row, 1200 block of N. Orange Avenue. Click here for map.
- Winter Park Annual Christmas Parade – Saturday, December 4th beginning at 9a. The event is FREE.
- The Winter Park Playhouse presents a Magical Holiday Musical titled, “Celebrate Me Home”. See website for dates, time and prices.
- Winter Park – Music in the Galleries at the Morse Museum of Art. On Friday, December 3rd from 4p – 8p. enjoy free admission and live music.
- Mt. Dora – Annual Christmas Walk will occur on Friday, December 3rd, from 6 – 9p. A holiday street party with music, Santa and shopping. For more information please contact the Mount Dora Village Merchant & Business Association at 352-735-1191 or 1-866-683-6722.
- Mt. Dora’s 51st Christmas Parade will take place on Saturday, December 4th at 1p.
- Mt. Dora presents A Christmas Tour of Homes on December 4th and 5th from 11a. – 4p. Tour six Mount Dora homes that are beautifully decorated for the holidays. This is a self-driving tour to the various homes. For more information, please call Carol at 352 357-3761.
- Mt. Dora Lighted Boat Parade will take place on Saturday, December 4th at 7p. From the shores of Lake Dora see the annual Mount Dora Lighted Boat Parade featuring boats of all sizes and shapes lighting up the waters with brightly colored Christmas lights and festive displays. The lighted boat parade lasts for about an hour. Be sure to bring your cameras! When the last boat sails by, stroll along the grounds near the Mount Dora Boating Center to see more Christmas light displays adorning the entire marina buildings and surrounding areas.
- Sanford – Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 4th beginning at 6p.
- Deland Annual Christmas Parade – Saturday, December 4th from 5:30 – 8:30p.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens offers A Date Night In The Gardens on Friday, December 3rd. The gardens open at 6p. The movie begins at 7:30p. This month’s featured film is The Holiday. Enjoy an outdoor movie in a beautiful garden setting. Patrons may bring a blanket or chairs and dinner picnic basket. Garden Admission is $7.00 plus tax adult and $2.00 plus tax child; Garden Members receive free admission on all Date Nights. Admission is collected at the door. Tour the Leu House Museum decorated for the holiday season, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Avalon Aglow – will take place on Saturday, December 4th from 3p – 10p.
- Celebration Downtown presents A Celebration of Voices on Saturday, December 4th from 2p – 9p. This is the first year of this annual production. The event is FREE.
- Gaylord Palms presents “The Best of Florida Christmas” in their main atrium. The event occurs nightly throughout the Christmas holidays. All performances are FREE. For something extra special make plans to visit ICE while out there. It’s a winter wonderland you won’t soon forget!