We hope you enjoyed the fun dates to celebrate last week. We especially enjoyed the National Puzzle Day. I had purchased a heart shaped, 3D puzzle a few weeks ago, and pulled it out to assemble spontaneously on Saturday. We each took one half of the puzzle and raced to see who could finish their half first.
Tom says he won, but he used the picture! I was only two pieces behind without using the picture – who do YOU say won? We’ll let you be the judge, since both of us are biased. Vote by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org – We’ll let you know tomorrow who won!
Fun Dates To Celebrate:
The month of February is…National Hot Breakfast Month – Why not plan to bless your spouse with a hot breakfast every morning in February. Not sure you can commit to this? Then try going out for a hot breakfast one morning to celebrate!
Following are the individual dates this week that have special meanings:
31 Backward Day – send you spouse an e-mail typed completely backwards. Or try your hand at writing in cursive backwards – my sister and I learned how to do this during church services when we were little. It was our way of passing notes we didn’t want anyone else to read! I think this little secret would work great between husband and wife too!
31 Inspire Your Heart with Art Day – Some guys may go for a visit to the local ceramic studio to make a special piece together to remember this day!
1 National Freedom Day – watch your favorite war movie and thank God for those who have been willing to sacrifice for our freedoms.
2 Ground Hog Day – Punxsutawny Phil’s website has some fun e-cards you could send your spouse to celebrate this tradition.
2 Heavenly Hash Day – Plan to bake something special like brownies or fudge. Or go out to your favorite ice cream parlor!
5 National Weatherman’s Day – Make plans to do something outside and enjoy the weather together. Or you could watch your favorite weather movie like Twister!
6 Lame Duck Day – An excuse to make no plans for this day. Let your spouse do whatever they want to do with no strings attached. Although there will obviously be no successor, let them enjoy the day with your full blessing!
Now for what’s happening around Orlando:
- Winter Park – Enzian Theatre presents “Westside Story,” on Saturday, February 5th at 11a. The cost is FREE. A great date to go out for a Hot Breakfast (see above), and enjoy an old classic!
- Ivanhoe Village – First Friday Art Stroll on February 4th from 6p to 9p. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – First Annual Groundhog’s Day Ceremony – Wednesday, February 2nd from 5p – 7p. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – 36th Annual Arts Festival, Saturday and Sunday, February 5th and 6th. 9a. – 5p. FREE.
- Eustis – First Friday Street Fest, Friday, February 4th from 6p. to 10p. FREE.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – is celebrating their 50th anniversary this year! They’re passing on the savings to you, by offer FREE admission on your birthday during 2011.
- Avalon Park – Orlando Concert Band will perform live on Friday, February 4th from 7p. – 9p. FREE.
- Deland – Buckler’s Craft Fair at the Volusia County Fairgrounds on Saturday and Sunday, February 5th and 6th. Admission $6 per person.