What an amazing weekend; We attended the Sex Matters Conference held at our church – Metro Life in Casselberry, FL. It was full of rich reminders the gift sex is to us as couples, and even more the reminder of how God sees it. We’re sure we’ll be sharing with you much of what we gleaned from the excellent teaching from Tim Lane, David Powlison, Winston Smith, Ed Welch and Mike Emlet. A huge thank you to CCEF for sending this conference our way! (Check out their website for lots of Biblical wisdom. Definitely worth your time!)
We pray you’re continuing to find ways to celebrate the simple moments of life. Tom and I walked the Winter Park Art Festival this afternoon, and even in the midst of the crowds, we were able to relax together as I held Tom’s arm.
It was a fun couple of hours to enjoy before we came home and worked on TAXES. Yep, that wasn’t so much fun, especially given the fact we had already done this once; Tom’s computer crashed taking with it all the work we had previously completed. The only good in it to be found was the fact that we were together.
Fun Dates To Celebrate
- National French Bread Day – celebrate by making homemade paninis or roast beef au jus.
- World Water Day – celebrate by taking a bath together. And on a more serious note – remember those who don’t have clean water to drink. What a blessing a fresh glass of clean water is to the thirsty. If you feel inclined check our Charity Water to make a donation to help those who lack fresh water in other countries.
- National Chip and Dip Day
- National Organize Your Home Office Day – sometimes it takes a national holiday to get us to tackle projects.
- National Puppy Day
- National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day – Now here’s one you can sink your teeth into. I don’t like raisins, but I LOVE Raisinettes. Celebrate by watching movie together.
- International Waffle Day – no waffling allowed! Be decisive about having waffles for breakfast.
- National Make Up Your Own Holiday – We like this one! In fact, we may adopt this holiday to celebrate celebrating. Think of your own special something to celebrate and make it an annual event on your calendar.
- National “Joe” Day – If you or your spouse’s name is Joe, then you’re to be celebrated today! If your name isn’t Joe, well today it can be. On this holiday everyone is called JOE! Celebrate by wearing Joe Boxers and sipping a hot cup of Joe.
- Quirky Country Music Day – Yes, country music has some of the most interesting song titles in the entire music industry. Have some fun writing your spouse a special note using only song titles. Quirky? YES! Romantic? Well….
Now for what’s happening around O-town this week:
- Downtown Orlando – Lake Eola presents the 2nd Annual Chillounge Night on Saturday, March 26th beginning at 6p. Come enjoy our beautiful city park as it is transformed with beautiful outdoor furniture, live music and great food. Cost is $20 per person for General Admission and $85 per person for VIP.
- Uptown Altamonte – Friday Night Live at Cranes Roost Park. Friday, March 25th from 7p – 9p. This week’s featured band is DEJA. FREE.
- Sanford – Fourth Fridays: Celebrating the Arts. This month’s theme is Lost and Found. All artwork uses recycled items for their pieces. The event takes place Friday, March 25th from 6p – 8:30p. The cost is FREE.
- Mt. Dora – Spring Antiques, Collectibles and Arts and Crafts Show. March 26 – 27 from 9a – 5p. Cost is FREE.
- Deland – 4th Fridays in Artisan Alley & Deland Art Walk on Friday, March 25th from 6p – 9p. Cost is FREE.
- Deland – 5th Annual Florida Wildflower & Garden Festival on Saturday, March 26th from 9a – 4p. FREE.
- Oviedo – The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra will be offering a FREE concert on Saturday, March 26th at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church. The concert begins at 7p.
- Titusville – Thursday Night Live on March 24th. Come enjoy live Latin music in the Courtyard in Downtown Titusville. FREE. Don’t forget your chairs!
- Titusville – Hot Dog in the City on Saturday, March 25th from 6p – 8p. All kinds of hot dogs will be available – Chicago Style, Pittsburgh, Pink’s-Hollywood, Big Bayou, Coney Island, Atlanta, New York, Kansas City or build your own.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery presents their Annual Wine and Seafood Festival to support the Autism Society on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 25th – 27th. Times are from 10a – 5p. Cost is a $2 donation.