We must admit it’s difficult to think about calendars after being away from it all for 10 days. We had an amazing time together in the mountains of North Carolina and North Georgia – like another honeymoon! We enjoyed every minute, but it is good to be home. No matter where we go, it’s nice to have a place that is ours where we can feel comfortable to settle down together. One of the nicest benefits of taking a vacation is a fresh appreciation for H.O.M.E. The smells, the things, the routine of it all is our familiar place, where we live life and share love together and with others. We raised our three children in this place from when they were 6, 8 and 10 until they grew up and started lives on their own. Their ages are now 25, 27 and 29 – nineteen years since we moved into this house. Our home holds the memories of all that is dear to us. And we thank God for giving us this place to call our own! What do you love most about your home?
♥ FUN DATES TO CELEBRATE ♥
- National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
- Flag Day – Plan a dinner that’s red, white and bleu, or a romantic evening using all the colors of the flag. You might enjoy watching a favorite American history movie.
- National Lobster Day – Go out for lobster or make your own at home. But whatever you do, don’t cook yourself like a lobster on the beach!
- National Smile Power Day – make little smiley faces and hide them all over the house with reasons why your spouse makes you smile written on the back of each.
- Fudge Day – Visit your favorite fudge shop for free samples, or make your own batch at home.
- National Apple Strudel Day – Honest we’re not making these things up! But isn’t it amazing how many sweet desserts have their own national holiday? How sweet it is…
- National Eat Your Vegetables Day – Okay, so eating your vegetables is important, but how in the world can this day be compared to eating Apple Strudel? Go vegan for lunch and skip the veggies for dinner going straight for dessert! 🙂
- International Picnic Day – a perfect excuse to enjoy the great outdoors today. And it falls on a Saturday this year too!
- World Juggling Day – Most married couples learn how to juggle quite a variety of responsibilities. They are busy, and making time for each other can be a real challenge. This is why we started this blog. Why not have fun and learn how to juggle for real? Hey, you could entertain yourself for hours, not to mention those who would gather to watch!
- Father’s Day – If your husband is also a Dad, make plans to do all his favorites today. Here is a list of the Top 7 Ways to Celebrate Dad on his special day!
♥ THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO ♥
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live on June 17th from 8p. to 10p. The island sounds of DEJA will be performing, and the concert is FREE.
- Jazz Jams Uptown will take place on Saturday, June 18th from 8p – 10p in Crane’s Roost Park. The music is FREE, and there will be food and drinks available for purchase.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa on Sunday, June 19th from 12p – 3p. This is a relaxing way to spend the afternoon and enjoy the beautiful Casa Feliz. FREE.
- Winter Park – Sip and Stroll will take place on Thursday, June 23rd from 5:30p – 9p. Cost is $25 per person in advance, but only 300 tickets will be sold. Make plans now if you would like to participate.
- Free Saltwater Fishing in Florida for Father’s Day weekend, June 18th and 19th. That’s right, you don’t need a fishing license to fish in the ocean for these two days.
- New Smyrna Beach – Seaside Fiesta is Thursday, June 16th from 5p – 9p on Flagler Avenue. FREE.
- Casselberry – Date Night: Painting A Sunset. On Friday, June 17th you and your spouse can enjoy a picnic in a beautiful setting followed by an art lesson under the canopied trees. You will be provided all the tools necessary to create your own painting to take home. The cost is $20/couple for residents and $25/couple for non-residents.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery presents the Annual Harvest Festival on Friday, June 17th – Sunday, June 19th. Come stomp some grapes and kick up some great memories. See website for times and prices.