We hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating the Dads in your life. What a gift it is to have the influence of godly husbands and fathers. In this day and age where men are belittled on every front, we must uphold the Biblical view of men and the role they play in our families and in God’s Kingdom. It is a high calling indeed, and one requiring lots of encouragement as the storms of life rage.
So be sure to continue encouraging husbands and fathers day after day, as the Bible instructs. Then make special plans together this week to celebrate with your man on a date! We pray the ideas below will help…
♥ FUN DATES TO CELEBRATE ♥
- National Vanilla Milkshake Day – with two straws, of course!
- Summer Solstice – the longest day of the year! Why not serve foot long hot dogs cooked on the grill. Then go for a walk to burn off the calories – since it will be lighter longer.
- National Chocolate Eclair Day – a great choice for breakfast.
- National Onion Rings Day
- National Pink Day – wear your pink undies, ladies. And maybe serve your man some strawberry ice cream. A cool treat on a hot day is much appreciated.
- Museum Comes To Life Day – No, we’re not making these up. I don’t think we would have ever thought of naming a day THIS. But in honor of it you could watch, “Night at the Museum,” or wrap each other up like mummies. 🙂
- National Catfish Day – If you like to fish plan an evening to catch and fry this classic Friday favorite! If you don’t – go to an all you can eat Catfish place. There’s a good one in Apopka, FL, appropriately named: The Catfish Place.
- Great American Backyard Campout – If you think the best part of camping is sleeping under the stars, and the worst part is the lack of modern conveniences, then the ideal place to set up your tent may be right in your own backyard. Imagine running to the kitchen when you need more marshmallows to roast. Or falling asleep to the sound of crickets chirping and the pleasant drone of your neighbors’ TV. And don’t even get us started on the bonus of having an actual bathroom nearby. So grab your sleeping bag and turn off the automatic sprinklers because tonight you’re sleeping on the lawn.
- Beautician’s Day – why not surprise your wife and send her out for a mani/pedi. She’ll thank you and so will the beautician – after all it’s their day!
- National Chocolate Pudding Day
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Maitland – Enzian Theatre is showing a new movie, The Tree of Life. Check their site for dates and times.
- College Park – Monday Night Jazz Jams at Taste Restaurant. June 20th from 8p – midnight.
- Winter Park Sip and Stroll – Thursday, June 23rd from 5p – 9:30p. Cost is $25 in advance and $30 at the door.
- Deland – 4th Fridays and Deland Art Walk on June 24th from 6p – 9p. FREE.
- Winter Garden’s Garden Theatre – Their Summer Movie series is in full-swing. Tickets are $5, and you can click here to see their full summer schedule (after clicking you’ll have to scroll down the page to see the schedule). A different movie shows each night from Thursday to Sunday.