We are home! I slept so sound last night I didn’t even dream. For those of you who know me this is a big deal! I dream every night and in full color. Sometimes my dreams are so real that when I wake up I’m either surprised or relieved.
The night before last I had one of those dreams most would call a nightmare. I woke up so upset and crying I had to get up. I needed to convince myself it was only a dream. The only way I can do this is to get out of bed and spend time in the Bible and prayer.
Dreams are good, but when you have them all the time they are exhausting. I’m so grateful for a night like last night. I am refreshed and ready to face my busy week. Now for today’s post…
♥ FUN DATES TO CELEBRATE ♥
- Be An Angel Day – serve your hubby some angel food cake layered with vanilla ice cream and sliced strawberries. Then, put him on Cloud 9 later. 🙂
- Ride The Wind Day – there are lots of ways to enjoy this day: fly a kite, go sailing, blow bubbles in the park, ride bikes or for an indoor treat – watch a movie like “Up” or “Around The World In 180 Days.”
- Vesuvius Day – This marks the day when the worst volcano eruption of recorded history took place in 79 A.D. Watch the history channel, while eating chocolate lava cake.
- Kiss And Make Up Day – maybe, just maybe you had a real explosion of an argument yesterday (it was Vesuvius Day after all!) Then, today it the perfect chance to make it all right. If you didn’t have a fight – then, you simply get to K.I.S.S. Woo Hoo! Enjoy!
- Just Because Day – a great day to do whatever you want to bless your spouse, “just because.”
♥ THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO ♥
This is the first week of school in Orange County, so it doesn’t seem there is a lot going on around town. We’ve decided to offer a “Back to School” date idea. It is fun, free and to be done at home once the kids are in bed.
- Pack a school lunch. Fill a brown paper bag (or lunch box if you have one) with all your spouse’s favorite snacks. Be sure to include a love note hand written on the napkin. An easy idea is a lunchable. Great finger-sized snack foods.
- English – Have some fun with this Mad Lib Generator.
- Art Class – Finger painting together can be quite sexy. Don’t have finger paints? You can either make your own or use instant pudding.
- Math Class – Play Farkle or Sudoku.
- Music and P.E. Normally, these two departments compete against each other for much needed funding. But not on this date! Turn on your favorite music and get physical. 🙂
These are just a few ideas to get you thinking Back to School in a way you may have never considered before. Have fun being a Grade A student of your spouse. 🙂
What other “subjects” would you add to this date night idea?