It’s hard to believe Thursday is September! For those of you who live in Orlando you’ll be happy to know that September is Magical Dining Month. With many of the tourists returning home for the start of another school year – our great local restaurants have designated this month as one to showcase their great cuisine in an effort to draw the locals out to eat. There are over 60 restaurants participating. Each establishment offers a prix fixe menu including an appetizer, entree’ and dessert. Make plans to visit at least one restaurant this month – or if you have the time and/or money, go to one new restaurant a week. Sounds like a great way to try something fun and different.
Also, next Monday is Labor Day. The day Americans set aside from their labor to play and be with family. Why not make a new tradition of adding some romance into the mix? We’ve provided some simple, but fun ideas for you in our Wives Only and Husbands Only rooms. Be sure to give yourself time to make plans by checking it out soon.
Need more ideas? You’ll find plenty below. Have a great “Last week of Summer!”
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- More Herbs And Less Salt Day – grab a bottle of pesto, or if you’ve grown your own herbs – harvest those late summer herbs for dinner tonight.
- Frankenstein Day – Watch this classic horror flick after the kiddos are in bed.
- Toasted Marshmallow Day – Make homemade s’mores in your toaster oven or microwave. You won’t believe the variations to this campfire classic.
- National Trail Mix Day – Make your own trail mix. Place it in a nice candy jar (a mason jar will do) and give it to your spouse to take to work.
- Classical Music Month – play some Bach during dinner.
- Hispanic Heritage Month – plan a Mexican or Spanish Fiesta Date Night
- International Square Dancing Month – take lessons together. Not into Square Dancing? Try Line Dancing.
- National Blueberry Popsicle Month – a great summer treat
- National Courtesy Month – be purposeful in showing kindness to your spouse. See if they notice.
- National Piano Month – Nothing soothes the heart like soft piano music.
- Chicken Month
- Honey Month
- Self Improvement Month – think as Marriage Improvement Month. What can you do this month to improve your marriage? Talk about it then get to work – you have only a month. 🙂
- Better Breakfast Month – Why not take the challenge of eating breakfast together every morning during the month of September? This might take some real planning, but what a great way to start the day – with food and time together.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Orlando Museum of Art – First Thursday’s features a Happy Hour from 6p – 9p. It is FREE for members and $10 for non-members. The gallery is open for your pleasure.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – Date Night in the Garden is on Friday, September 2nd. Admission is FREE for members and $7 for non-members. This month’s movie presentation is “Father of the Bride,” the original 1950 version. The garden opens at 6p. Movie begins at 8:30p. Pack a dinner picnic and enjoy an evening under the stars.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa from 12p. to 3p. on Sunday, September 4th. FREE.
- Kissimmee – Blue Grass Jam Session at the Pioneer Village of Osceola County will take place on Sunday, September 4th. Bring a picnic and enjoy this lively American music. Guaranteed you won’t be able to keep your feet still.