We are posting this on Saturday as the opening of our Ultimate Blog Challenge for October. Somehow it seems fitting to shed the light on some of our favorite marriage blogs available on the internet. We are privileged to call many of the owners our new friends. Some of them we hope to meet in the near future. One thing is clear – God is about the business of strengthening marriages. It’s up to us whether we listen and get to work, or if we allow distractions, selfishness and/or busyness of life to interfere.
Here are the posts we deem “Special,” and worth your time to read!
Encourage Your Spouse
- Blinded, Paralyzed & Hobbled – full of wisdom as to how you view your strengths and weaknesses, as well as your spouse’s.
Hot, Holy and Humorous
- Sleeping With The Enemy – this post describes all sorts of sleeping types, some are compatible and others are down right anti-social. Which one are you? Or which one is your spouse? Wait! Don’t tell…just chuckle to yourself and enjoy!
Journey To Surrender
- When You Have Nothing Left – An excellent post about the reality all marriages face – trouble. What do you do when you have nothing left to give? What does your spouse do?
- A Surprising Way To Boost Creativity In Your Life And Marriage – We have been talking a LOT about this issue in our marriage lately. See if you are surprised at how easy it is to boost creativity.
- Be Inspired By This Flash Mob Marriage Proposal – What an inspiring surprise to encourage us to plan a surprise of some kind for our spouse this weekend.
- My Spouse Needs Access To Everything – yes, and if you struggle with this idea, it may be you have something to hide. A must read for all couples!
Marriage Missions International
- Reality Checks For Confrontation – Most of us dread anything having to do with confrontation. The Wright’s share a new term given to them by dear friends. It’s “Care-frontation.” Read this post if you tend to lack the “care” in confronting your spouse or vice versa.
One Flesh Marriage
- My Parents Wrecked My Marriage – if you have issues with your parents or your spouse’s parents intruding in your relationship, this post offers great help and hope.
The Generous Husband
- She Does Not Have A Reset Button – another great post by Paul for all the husbands. How patient are you with your wife when it comes to her “getting over” past offenses you’ve committed against her?
- Drive By Snipe Versus Constructive Discussion – the list provided on how NOT to deal with conflict should be read, copied and posted on the bathroom mirror for quick reference. This applies to both husband and wife.
The Generous Wife
- Plan For The Holidays Now – Yes, it is getting closer than we know. Lori encourages us to plan now so we can enjoy the holidays to the fullest later.
This is post #1 in the Ultimate Blog Challenge to post everyday in October!