We have been posting fun dates to celebrate for awhile now, and we’re wondering if any of you have chosen one of these dates and made it special in some way. We would love to hear what you’ve done – you may inspire others to take a closer look at this week’s dates worth celebrating and plan something out-of-the-ordinary. Let’s hear it in the comment section!
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- Wear Something Gaudy Day – We heard of a couple once who dressed this way and went out to a theme park and had a blast acting “weird.”
- Evaluate Your Life Day – When was the last time you thought about how things are going in your life, in your marriage? Plan some time to talk about it together. Maybe a precursor to the annual New Year’s Resolution.
- National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day – Head to your local Cheesecake Factory, or if you don’t have one nearby – try baking one as a surprise for your spouse.
- Make A Difference Day – Do something today that will make a difference in your marriage. Try doing something your spouse has wanted you to do for a long time without them saying a word. See if it makes a difference when they notice.
- Mother-In-Law Day – Go out of your way to make the mother of your spouse feel special today. Call them, text them or simply send them a card. After all if it wasn’t for her you wouldn’t be married to your sweet spouse.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Thornton Park – 3rd Thursday Art Walk on October 20th from 6p. – 9p. FREE
- College Park Jazz Fest – Saturday, October 22nd from 6p – 10:30p. Bring your lawn chairs and picnic dinner and enjoy great music along Edgewater Drive. Cost is $5 donation.
- Loch Haven Park – Veg Fest 2011 will take place on Saturday, October 22nd from 10a. – 6p. FREE.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa Open House on Sunday, October 23rd from 12p – 3p. FREE. Featuring the live music of Peter Thatcher on Jazz Guitar.
- Mt. Dora – 27th Annual Craft Fair on Saturday and Sunday, October 22nd – 23rd. Hours are 9a. – 5p. FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – It’s the time of year to start reserving a firering for your own bonfire on the beach. Fires are permitted in the firerings only and can be reserved ahead of time starting October 15th. Firerings are available for use from November to April (non-turtle nesting months.)
- Deland – Jazz Fest on Saturday, October 22nd from 1p – 7p. General Admission tickets are $10 each.
- Celebration, FL – Art and Wine Stroll will take place on Saturday, October 22nd. Bring your lawn chairs to sit and enjoy the music after you’ve finished enjoying the artist’s as they create their art before your eyes.
This is post #17 in the Ultimate Blog Challenge to post everyday in October.