We have been posting fun dates to celebrate for awhile now, and we’re wondering if any of you have chosen one of these dates and made it special in some way. We would love to hear what you’ve done – you may inspire others to take a closer look at this week’s dates worth celebrating and plan something out-of-the-ordinary. Let’s hear it in the comment section!
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- Wear Something Gaudy Day – We heard of a couple once who dressed this way and went out to a theme park and had a blast acting “weird.”
- Evaluate Your Life Day – When was the last time you thought about how things are going in your life, in your marriage? Plan some time to talk about it together. Maybe a precursor to the annual New Year’s Resolution.
- National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day – Head to your local Cheesecake Factory, or if you don’t have one nearby – try baking one as a surprise for your spouse.
- Make A Difference Day – Do something today that will make a difference in your marriage. Try doing something your spouse has wanted you to do for a long time without them saying a word. See if it makes a difference when they notice.
- Mother-In-Law Day – Go out of your way to make the mother of your spouse feel special today. Call them, text them or simply send them a card. After all if it wasn’t for her you wouldn’t be married to your sweet spouse.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Thornton Park – 3rd Thursday Art Walk on October 20th from 6p. – 9p. FREE
- College Park Jazz Fest – Saturday, October 22nd from 6p – 10:30p. Bring your lawn chairs and picnic dinner and enjoy great music along Edgewater Drive. Cost is $5 donation.
- Loch Haven Park – Veg Fest 2011 will take place on Saturday, October 22nd from 10a. – 6p. FREE.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa Open House on Sunday, October 23rd from 12p – 3p. FREE. Featuring the live music of Peter Thatcher on Jazz Guitar.
- Mt. Dora – 27th Annual Craft Fair on Saturday and Sunday, October 22nd – 23rd. Hours are 9a. – 5p. FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – It’s the time of year to start reserving a firering for your own bonfire on the beach. Fires are permitted in the firerings only and can be reserved ahead of time starting October 15th. Firerings are available for use from November to April (non-turtle nesting months.)
- Deland – Jazz Fest on Saturday, October 22nd from 1p – 7p. General Admission tickets are $10 each.
- Celebration, FL – Art and Wine Stroll will take place on Saturday, October 22nd. Bring your lawn chairs to sit and enjoy the music after you’ve finished enjoying the artist’s as they create their art before your eyes.
This is post #17 in the Ultimate Blog Challenge to post everyday in October.
I am so glad I found your blog and it focuses on a Christian marriage! Recently, I planned a lunch date around National Talk Like A Pirate Day! Even had a plank for him to walk out of a piece of lumber. Last night, I planned a at home Spa date. I called my spa `La Ash Spa` and gave him a coupon for a pedicure. He fell asleep mid-ped! lol Please keep sharing your wonderful date ideas!
It’s great to meet you! Thanks for sharing your creative date idea – we LOVE hearing from our readers and what they do to encourage romance in their own vineyard. Great job!
I don’t know if this is the place to put this and you are probably tired of reading my incessant comments but you have been so instrumental in improving my marriage over the last 17 months that I feel compelled to let you know how. I want to celebrate Joy!
Last December you started the 100 joys project and I thought it was a great. I began sharing my daily joys during the work week with my husband. He loved receiving my lists which included things like: our college student daughters being home for the weekend, and Monday Night Football with his mom making dinner for us to itunes and pandora and him rolling over after the alarm goes off in the morning to snuggle for a few minutes before getting up.
His replies, sometimes detailed sometimes, when he is busy at work, brief are a highlight of my day. The joys list has become a touch stone for us during our busy work days. It has become a way for affirm my love for him, to show my appreciation for the man he is and to weave together our shared experiences. I make him laugh and he returns the favor. It builds intimacy on a daily basis. There is no way I can make a joy list and remain cross or burdened or remotely out of sorts. If his work day is difficult after reading my email his is unburdened and reminded of our good fortune. Our love and friendship and 23 years of shared experience are reiterated again and again and YOU DID THIS. I used to keep a gratitude journal but have never been so good at journaling and never really kept the habit up after the first few weeks. Now I have almost 11 mos of emails chock full of reflections on God’s gifts to me and to our family.
Thank you for encouraging us to daily celebrate the little and big joys in our life. It’s like a mini electronic date in the middle of the work day. You are SO doing God’s work with your blog. It is one of my daily joys to come hear for reflection and inspiration. Blessings to you and yours!
Tommygirl55 – We don’t even know your name, but you have encouraged us greatly on a day when we really needed it. Thank you for taking the time to share with us how looking for joy has helped you and your marriage. It’s amazing isn’t how refocusing our mind and thoughts can help us and completely change our perspective? God is good for He is the one who is with you, helping you see things to be grateful for.
May your joy continue to increase! Ours certainly has today! 🙂
Tom and Debi