We had the opportunity to spend an afternoon bike riding together on the West Orange Trail in West Orange County. It was a beautiful day, and the cost was minimal thanks to a Living Social Deal. We pedaled for 12 miles, stopping to take pictures along the way.
There are many rails which have been converted to trails throughout Central Florida. If you love to be outdoors and enjoy biking, walking, running, skateboarding or in-line skating, this may be a great way for you to see the real side of Florida. We sure enjoyed our time together as you’ll see in the pictures below!
Happy Trails! 🙂
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- National Pie Day – This is a great day to bake your favorite or go out together and order one slice or two.
- National Handwriting Day – Why this day? Because today is the birthday of John Hancock, the first signer of our nation’s Declaration of Independence. Why not write your love a handwritten note on a napkin and place it under their plate at dinner. Be sure to sign your “John Hancock,” so they know it’s from you! 🙂
- Compliment Day – Everyone needs at “atta boy” now and then. Especially from the one you love most.
- Opposite Day – Have fun with this one…and finish it with some great sex – after all opposites attract, right?
- Spouse’s Day – That’s right – every spouse should have their own special day. Make this one so special they’ll never forget it. Plan by making a list of all their favorite things, and then do all you can to give them the list in one 24 hour period. The fun part – don’t tell them you’re doing it. See how quick they catch on that it’s all their favorites day!
- Chocolate Cake Day – no explanation needed.
- National Kazoo Day – if you’re inclined to play one, serenade your spouse and see if they can “name that tune.”
- National Puzzle Day – Combine both holidays by putting together a jigsaw puzzle…
- National Corn Chip Day – …while munching on nachos!
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Downtown Orlando Partnership presents it’s monthly social at the Grand Bohemian on Thursday, January 26th from 5:30p – 7p. Cost is $10 for non-members, $2 for members. See site for details.
- Orange County History Center presents Retro Night on Friday, January 27th from 7p – Midnight. There will be classic board games, video games, retro snacks, as well as pizza and a cash bar for your enjoyment. Sunny FM 105.9 will provide the music to complete the feel of visiting the good old days!
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa on Sunday, January 28th from 12p – 3p. FREE.
- Winter Park Playhouse – presents “I Love You Because,” on stage this weekend. See site for reviews, times and prices.
- Sanford – Sanford Art Walk will be on January 27th in downtown Sanford. Cost is FREE and begins at 6p.
- Blue Springs – Manatee Festival on Saturday and Sunday, Janaury 28th and 29th. See site for times and admission prices.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery Winter Music Series will offer it’s final day on Saturday, January 27th from 1p – 4p. This weeks artist is Little Mookie and the Half Pints. FREE.
Wow- they CHARGE to ride a bike trail in Florida. I guess that’s what you get when you have no income taxes…
Actually, it’s free to ride the trail IF you have your own bike. We don’t – but after such a fun day, I think we’re hooked! There is a place that rents bikes by the hour. As always, it’s good to hear from you! So glad the problem seems to be fixed. 🙂