This year on Valentines Day we did something we’ve never done before–we had a backwards date night. Here’s how it works:
- Write your love a invitation backwards so they have to use a mirror to read what you’ve written.
- Tell them what time they should be ready.
- You can choose to do this date night at home, as we did.
- OR you can choose to go to a different restaurant for each course.
- OR you can choose to order all the courses at one restaurant. (Be prepared to explain yourself to your server who won’t understand why you’re asking for the dessert menu first.) 🙂
The idea is quite simple. You eat dessert first, your main course second, your salad third and finish the evening with a really nice appetizer. If you’re like us, you won’t have room for the appetizer, but that’s okay. You will have had a full evening being together and enjoying your backwards dinner.
We had an absolute blast doing this date night, and we think it’s a real keeper! Let us know what you think! Remember…
NOTE: You could even start the night off making love FIRST. After all, most dates lead up to this–the MAIN event of a great date. Why not surprise your spouse by meeting them in the bedroom first! Guaranteed they won’t soon forget it!