I have kept a journal for 23 years. I am on my 52nd volume, which is a serious amount of talking I have spared my husband. 🙂 It has served as my way to think through the difficulties of life. God has spoken countless times to me when I was desperate to hear from him. One thing I have learned through it all is the unwavering faithfulness of God.
I know it’s true.
I believe it.
But sometimes when life is really hard, I forget.
Starting tomorrow and for the rest of the week, we are going to take you on a journey through time, not forward as in time travel, but in reflection–looking back at what God has done in our 33 years together. I pray these posts will serve you well and help you remember how faithful God has been in your own life.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Altamonte Springs – Winestock was cancelled last weekend due to the weather and will take place on Friday, April 28th.
- Sanford Art Walk – On Friday, April 27th starting at 6p. Admission is FREE.
- Festival of Chocolate at UCF’s Arena – Friday, April 27th through Sunday, April 29th. Tickets are $15. See site for times and details.
- Baldwin Park – 5th Annual Doggie Derby on Saturday, April 28th, from 9a. to 2p.
- New Smyrna Beach – 2012 Lipton Cup Regatta will take place Saturday, April 28th and Sunday, April 29th. off the coast of Ponce Inlet.
- Loew’s Portofino Hotel presents Harbor Nights Primavera on Friday, April 27th. Tickets are $45 in advance and $55 at the door.
- Celebration – Great American Pie Festival will take place Saturday, April 28th through Sunday, April 29th. Admission Charge.
Ah, reflection. It’s a great tool, and I look forward to reading about your journey. Talk on, Debi! 😉
Thanks, Lori! I hope you enjoy them. And I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone say to me those three words, “talk on, Debi!” 🙂
Debi, you said: “I am on my 52nd volume, which is a serious amount of talking I have spared my husband.” That made me smile!
My husband too, Susan. 🙂
Journal writing is an excellent and wonderful way to explore feelings and thoughts and spare the heart ache of perhaps saying the wrong thing to someone, usually if I can write it out and process it the problem becomes smaller in perspective.
Sharon, you are so right. Writing gives me the proper perspective and it allows me to quiet myself so I can hear God speak.
Again, I’m amazed (though I don’t know why – I really shouldn’t be by now) at the way God gives you wonderful ideas to encourage marriages. This is a great one. And, I too smiled at the line where you spared Tom.
Thank you, Bonnie. I wish we had time to get together. Maybe next week!
Pingback: Lost | The Romantic Vineyard