When was the last time you asked your spouse how they think your marriage is going? If this a question you purposely avoid, not wanting to stir the hornet’s nest so to speak, then you are missing an excellent way to strengthen your marriage.
In the west ranch owners would ride their horses along the miles and miles of fence to check for any broken sections. This not only kept their cattle where they belonged, but it also kept predators out.
It is the same with marriage.
Taking the time to ask your spouse this question is like mounting the horse to ride the perimeter of your relationship to see if there are any broken fences. The answer you hear may not be encouraging. Finding a broken fence can be discouraging, especially if you’re surprised by it, because you know it’s going to require an investment of time and materials, but isn’t your marriage worth it? Isn’t the safety of your covenant worth taking precious time to mend the broken areas of your marriage?
We encourage you to ask this question often. It is good to know the true state of your union, not assume it was what it once was or what you hope it to be. The only way to know for sure is the A.S.K. And make sure you ask at the right time when you both have undistracted time to really talk about it. This could make a huge difference in your marriage.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live on June 29th from 7p – 9p. FREE.
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks in the Park on Thursday, June 28th. This month’s rain date featuring Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. FREE. Movie begins at 8:00p.
- Mt. Dora – The Vintage Garden Show will be held on June 30th, 2012 9 am 4 pm featuring Garden Art & Antiques at Renninger’s Antique Center Mount Dora For more information call 352-383-8393
- Sanford – Red, White and Zoo at the Central Florida Zoo on Saturday, June 30th and Sunday, July 1st. 9a. – 3p.
- New Smyrna Beach – 5th Friday Movie in the Park on June 29th. The inaugural 5th Friday Movie in the Park will be Friday evening in Christmas Park. That’s on the corner of Canal and Live Oak streets. The featured film will be Hugo, a 2011 PG-rated film that won five Oscars. Bleacher seating will be available. However, lawn chairs are suggested. For movie title or more information, please call the City of New Smyrna Beach Recreation Department at 386.424.2175.
- New Smyrna Beach – Wine and Art Walk on Saturday, June 30th. Explore interesting wines as you walk Flagler Avenue from 1-7 p.m.. During the progressive event, taste your choice of more than 100 showcased wines. Wine tasting passports are $25 and are available 113 Flagler and at the tent at Flagler Avenue and Cooper Street or at the corner of Peninsula and Flagler. Passports include 20 tasting tickets and a keepsake wine glass. Some locations feature both one-ticket and multi-ticket wines to sample. A “Wine Tasting” flyer will list wine stops in geographic order between the river and the ocean along with what wines are featured. Those who want to share their 20 tasting tickets with a friend may get an additional wine glass $5. Artists also will offer fine art exhibits from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.For more information on the progressive wine tasting, please log on to www.partyonflagler.com or call 386.428-1600.
♥ Things To Do In North Atlanta ♥
We’re trying a new feature. Since our daughter and her family moved to North Atlanta along with several other young families from our church for various and different reasons, we have heard how they’ve missed our local date night ideas we post on Mondays. So this week we’re starting a North Atlanta region. If you live in this area, spread the word. We pray this will help young couples plan meaningful nights out together in Hotlanta.
- Dinner at the Depot on Monday, June 25th from 5p – 8p. Food trucks from all over the area will take part along with live music for your entertainment.
- Celebrate America Georgia Symphony Orchestra and Chorus will perform at Kennesaw State University on Saturday, June 30th at 7p.
- Glover Park in Marietta Square – China Grove/Doobie Brothers Tribute Band will perform on Friday, June 29th from 8:00 – 10:30p. FREE.
- Historic Marietta Square Date Night Ideas this week.
- Copper Coin Coffee features live music every Saturday and Sunday night. This week’s artists are: David Disharoon (Sat.) and Reid Stevens (Sun.) Music begins at 8p.
- Movie in the Park on Thursday, June 28th. This week’s feature movie is Spiderman. FREE.
- Friday Night Live on June 29th. Come enjoy live bands as they perform music from country to jazz. This week’s band is Graham’s Number
Outdoor Concert Series at Chastain 8p. Click link for ticket info.
- Earth, Wind and Fire with Full Orchestra on Wednesday, June 27th
- Al Green on Friday, June 29th