We were taking a fresh look at The Romantic Vineyard recently and realized we have more Date Night Idea categories than we’ve posted about. This is due to the fact that Debi was extremely excited when we first started to blog that she listed every possible category for a good date night that she could think of. So we thought it would be fun adding to the categories that are lacking content.
Here are 11 ideas for an Artsy Date
- Take an afternoon off to visit a local art museum. For an added bit of fun, go a day ahead and make a scavenger hunt out of it. Write out clues and see if your spouse can figure out the answer. This one may be artsy, but it won’t be “fartsy.” 🙂
- Go to an art festival. If you know one will take place in advance, save some money for it, and as a surprise let your spouse pick out something they love.
- Spend an evening at your local pottery studio. Many of them offer date nights where wine and appetizers are served while you create your own pottery.
- Visit a chocolate factory where you can make your own candy. Any time you use your hands together to create art, it has the potential of creating intimacy.
- Take a cooking class together.
- Watch a cooking show on TV. Record it. Buy the ingredients and spend the evening making your own artistic creation in the kitchen.
- Visit an art gallery when you have lots of time to interpret the paintings. It can be fun making up stories to the abstract as well as to the surreal.
- Buy tickets to a concert, symphony, play or ballet. Whatever you would both enjoy.
- Buy some cheap finger paints and have fun. Better yet, finger paint with instant pudding! 🙂
- Draw something creative on the sidewalk with your child’s sidewalk chalk. It could be an invitation to your artsy date.
- If you’re near a beach, buy some nice sculpting tools and try your hands at creating sand art or sand castles.
Most of all have fun expressing your love in an artsy way.