It’s the time of the week when we wind down from all the activities and responsibilities that define us and take time for us. We love providing you with our top posts of the week from other bloggers–those we think are special enough for you to read when you have time. Have a great weekend!
- Self-Control<<A topic not usually talked about in this way. “I have falsely believed that it is better to shut down than to scream, but both choices allow my emotions to determine my behavior. The truth is, I’m equally out of control whether I’m silently fuming or yelling.” – Darby
- He Lies<<A blog by one of our favorite marriage authors. This post goes right along with the rest of those in this post. “When you hear a lie and don’t confront it, it becomes your “truth,” even though it’s not true. Which means we have to be constant and expert lie detectors. ” – Gary
Intimacy In Marriage
- 3 Vital Lessons from a Really Big Fire for Sexually Struggling Marriages<<Julie gives us a powerful metaphor you’re not likely to forget. “How many marriages could be saved because of paying close attention to fixing and healing what has gone askew as soon as (or relatively close to) when it has first gone askew?” – Julie
- The Allure of the Illegitimate in Marriage<<Beth has excellent advice for the spouse who suspects their spouse is being unfaithful as well as advice for the spouse caught up in this death-trap. “God wired us to live our lives according to His law and Word, and when we go against that, we experience nothing short of disaster.” – Beth
The Forgiven Wife
- Join Me in a Journey of 9 Thoughts (a new book by Sheila Gregoire)<<“In order to make real change in my marriage, I had to be intentional about changing my thoughts.” – Chris