Our daughter and son-in-love made us a very creative gift for our birthdays this year. They made us a life-sized Jenga game to keep at our cabin, and it is an absolute blast to play, albeit dangerous if you happen to be in the way of the falling tower. 😉
It got me wondering how could we make Jenga romantic?
We’ve taken a shot at other board games like Scrabble and Clue, so why not add a romantic twist to this one as well?
Here are the rules:
- There are 54 blocks in a standard Jenga tower. Take the blocks and divide them into two equal sets of 27.
- Each of you come up with 27 things to write on the bottom of the block. They can be a question you’re curious to ask, a romantic act of kindness, a romantic memory you both share, or a sexy dare.
- Stack the blocks according to package directions with the writing facing down.
- Play the game one block at a time. When you remove one, you have to do whatever the block asks or suggests.
- Whoever knocks the tower over loses. The winner gets to select one more block from the pile to give to the loser. Or you can decide at the beginning of the game what you’ll get if you win.
Jenga is a Swahili word for “build”. What a fun way to help build some romance into your marriage.
Give it a try and let us know how it goes.