“Summer lovin’ had me a blast
Summer lovin’ went by so fast.”
These are paraphrased lyrics from a popular song in the musical, Grease. And it’s the inspiration for today’s Friday Favorites.
The lazy days of Summer go by fast, which makes it all the more important to be intentional in having a blast together before the routine of Fall kicks in.
Today we share five favorite Lovin’ Summer Dates:
1. Sunrise – Get up early and watch the sunrise. If you’re able to afterward, go out to breakfast or make your favorite meal at home.
2. On the water – whether it’s floating on a raft down a river, body surfing on the ocean, renting a boat or floating in a swimming pool. Enjoy a date on the water. Pack a lunch, some drinks and make a memory together.
3. Walk-in’ in the rain – we have lots of afternoon storms that blow through. Take a walk under an umbrella, or leave the umbrella home and get soaked together. Hint: Make sure there is no lightning in the area.
4. Make a low-country shrimp boil and dine outside at sunset.
5. Romantic Bucket List – Spend an evening making a list of your dream summer vacations. Watch travel videos of your top three. As a bonus plan a meal around your top favorite.