We are in the final days of Summer and depending on where you live–the last long days of warmth and sunshine.
I’ve heard it said that if you fail to plan you can plan to fail.
This is especially true when it comes to being intentional in cherishing and romancing our spouse. We’ve come up with a list of ideas from which to choose to make these last few weeks of Summer memorable. Choose as many as you have time for in your schedule, and maybe even surprise your spouse if possible.
- Walk or Dance in the Rain – You can use an umbrella or go without for even more fun
- Watch the sunset in silence holding hands
- Eat outside
- Walk barefoot on the beach, lakefront, or grassy park holding hands
- Follow a winding trail on your bike, on a hike, or leisurely drive
- Plan a themed dinner party with friends saying Goodbye to Summer
- Swim under the stars
- Reflect on the Summer and highlight what you will remember most
- Cook your favorite meal on the grill using the best of Summer ingredients
- Play an outdoor game like croquet, corn hole, or bad-mitten
- Take in an outdoor movie
- Go canoeing or kayaking
This list is in no way exhaustive. We’d love to hear what other ideas come to mind. Most of all pause and thank God together for the blessing of sharing another Summer together. We have no guarantees for tomorrow–all the more reason to plan something special before the calendar says Summer is over.
Photo Cred: Photo by Harli Marten on Unsplash
It may sound like quite the bore,
or even worse, a major bummer,
but we here tend to ignore
the start of fall, the end of summer,
for the routine must go on,
rain or shine, ice-cold or hot;
comparison need not be drawn
‘tween what is here and what is not.
It’s all God’s glory, anyhow,
whatever weather comes to call,
so we live in the here and now,
spring, summer, winter, and the fall
‘neath star-clear skies and shining sun,
bright paradise for anyone.
LikeLiked by 1 person