Project 52: Date Nights

Welcome to our new challenge for this year!  It’s 52 weeks of purposeful date nights with your spouse.  We found this idea on another blog,  titled Simply Modern Mom where the rules are defined simply:

• at least one hour a week on the same night
  • most of the time date nights will be at home so no babysitter is needed
  • rotate being in charge on a monthly basis
  • can’t do the same thing twice in a month
  • dates need to be free most of the time, if not free no more than it would cost to go out
  • no children allowed
  • must create a date night atmosphere – dress for the occasion – no pj’s or sloppy clothes

So, if you’re up for this year long challenge we invite you to sign up by commenting to this post.  We also encourage you to commit to visit our blog each Wednesday for ideas and to share with us what you’ve done each week.  It’s sure to be beneficial.  Let’s get started, after all, 52 dates are waiting!

Face it, marriage is hard work. But when cultivated daily the fruit produced will satisfy for a lifetime. We're here to help with ideas and encouragement along the way. Having been married 40 years and counting, we share what we've learned with practical tips, Biblical Truths, Date night ideas to help you plow your own vineyard for God's glory.
This entry was posted in Date Night Ideas, Project 52. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Project 52: Date Nights

1. Nikki says:

Thanks for sharing this. I have begun to plan out all 52 dates for us before I saw this website! I’m excited to see that someone else is doing the same thing and that she asked to share ideas! YAY! I’m so excited to see what this year will bring.

2. Seth Lytle says:

I don’t know how, I don’t know when, but I sure would like to take on this challenge! The Romantic Vineyard will sure to be blossoming in our SanFloridian home by Spring time!

3. Tracy says:

We’ll give it a try! I know having something set each week in advance really makes it much more special. We are such spontaneous, non-planning people so this truly will be a “challenge”. I’ll keep you posted to our creative, CHEAP ideas.

4. Mandy says:

Very cool idea! Can’t wait to try this out every week! Thanks, Debi!

5. debiwalter says:

Woo-Hoo! We’re so excited! And I think we have a surprise brewing for ideas for this challenge – we’ll see how it pans out. Make sure you invite your friends to participate! The accountability will be helpful and fun!

6. Ben says:

That’s a really good idea. Living intentionally and deliberately is always a good way live. I hate slipping into the status quo.

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s