We don’t normally post on the weekend, but since we’re away on vacation in the mountains, and it’s really cold and snowing outside, we have the time and decided to offer a few last minute ideas for those who may still be undecided as to how to romance their spouse tomorrow.
1. Remember Valentine’s Day is not the only day of the year to do this. But it can be fun. If all else fails, at least buy a nice card and add your own sentiments to it.
2. Wake up a little early and surprise your spouse by fixing their favorite hot beverage. Make the day full of all their favorites: candy, dessert, lunch or movies. If you have taken the time to really study your spouse this should be very easy.
3. “Make sense of your love” – by telling your spouse all the things you love about their five senses – what do you love about their eyes? Their hands? Their nose? Their lips? Their ears? I, (Debi) did this one year for a week. Each day was a different “sense” to celebrate along with a special massage.
4. Buy a box of children’s valentines and write special messages in each one. Hide them all over the house with clues to the next one. Have a special gift with the final valentine.
5. Give your spouse the gift of time. Allow them to spend some alone time to do whatever they want, while you prepare to celebrate your together time afterwards.
6. Do you have a small tent? Why not set it up in your bedroom and “camp out” for the night. You could even play crickets with a sound machine and make your own s’mores with hot cocoa.
The most important thing about Valentine’s Day or any other day that hold special meaning to you is to make a memory. Think of ways to make your spouse say, “Wow!”
Happy Valentine’s Day – we appreciate all of you!
NOTE: We are away celebrating our 31st anniversary, so we may or may not post every day this next week. Check back often, but if there isn’t a new post – we’ll leave it at that! 🙂 We have our own romancing to do!