How grateful I am to God for the Marriage Covenant. It sees us through good days and bad days – for better or worse; The worse can be defined by circumstances or sometimes simply by the way we “feel”. I didn’t “feel” so good this weekend, yet my husband loves me. He’s proven his commitment to show his love especially when I don’t deserve it. I am blessed to have such a man as my husband. He excels is laying his life down for me and preferring me above others. It is this fact that helps lift me out of the mire of self and into the joyful world of self-sacrifice. Thank you, Tom. I love you more with each day that passes!
Now, on to what’s happening around our area this next week. If nothing on the list inspires you – at least enjoy being outside. The weather in Central Florida this time of year, is the best! Make the most of it!
NOTE: Daylight Savings Time begins on Saturday night, March 13th. We’ll “spring forward” losing one hour of sleep!
- Downtown Orlando – WMMO presents Collective Soul – a free concert on Saturday, March 13th at 4p. in the City Hall Plaza.
- The City Scramble Tour – this one won’t take place until Saturday, March 27th, but registration is open now. You’ve heard of The Amazing Race – well this is a local race with the proceeds going to charity. Check out their website for all the details! It sounds like a blast!!!
- The Winter Park Playhouse presents I Got Rhythm. Dates, times and prices vary. Check website for details.
- Downtown Winter Park presents The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra”Spring Pops Musical Postcards”. Sunday, March 14th at 7p. Cost is FREE
- Popcorn Flicks in the Park – Central Park in downtown Winter Park – Thursday, March 11th at 7p. Featured movie is Fantastic Voyage. Cost and popcorn are FREE.
- Ivanhoe Village – Tuesday, March 9th Gallery Walk from 6:30p – 9p. on Virginia Drive. FREE.
- Ivanhoe Village – Spring Free Festival – Sunday, March 14th from 2:30p – 7:30p. Enjoy the sunset over beautiful Lake Ivanhoe. FREE.
- Sanford – Alive after Five presents “It’s A Green Thing”, street party from 5p – 8p. Food and drink included for $7 per person. There will be live music as well!
- Altamonte Springs – Cranes Roost Park presents Friday Night Live from 7p – 9p. This week’s feature is The Sounds of Sinatra with John Anthony. Cost is FREE.
- Altamonte Springs – Cranes Roost Park presents Winestock on Saturday, March 13th from 4p – 8p. There will be live music and samples of food and wine. The cost is $25.
- Eustis – A Musical Evening at the Historic State Theatre. Cost is $15. Friday, March 12th. See website for details.
- Mt. Dora – Movie in the Park – Friday, March 12th beginning at Dusk – Cost is FREE. This month’s movie is Shrek 3.
- Avalon Park – Eastside Bistro presents a romantic dinner for two. Thursday, March 11th enjoy a four course dinner for two for $59.95. Reservations recommended.
- Hard Rock Live – presents The Moody Blues in concert. Monday, March 8th at 8p. Tickets start at $51 and go up.
- ICEBAR offers swing dance lessons the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. This Tuesday from 7p – 9p enjoy this time to get your swing! Cost is $10.
- Bok Tower Gardens – Music at Pinewood: Romance of Spain. Tickets are limited to 75 and cost $25. Sunday, March 14th 4:30 – 6:30p.
- Winter Garden – The Garden Theatre presents The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) beginning Thursday, March 12th at 8p. Tickets are $22.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery presents the Annual Wine, Jazz and Seafood Festival to benefit the Autism Society. Friday – Sunday, March 12th – 14th. $2 Donation. Check website for times.