This is the most beautiful time of year to be outside – especially at night. There are always lots of things to do and places to go, but sometimes the best dates are those where you simply enjoy being together in a quiet place. The spring sky at night is usually very clear – why not plan some time to sit out under the canopy of stars and listen to the quiet together! If you more adventurous – climb on your roof; it’s secluded and gives you a completely different perspective of the night sky – Sounds perfectly wonderful, doesn’t it?
Or you could choose from the following list:
- Winter Park – Check out this site to see all the cultural exhibits available this week – too many to list here. Simply click on the date in which you’re interested
- Uptown Altamonte – Friday Night Live this Friday featuring the live music of Bobby Blackmon. From 7p – 9p. FREE
- Crane’s Roost Park Family Fest – Saturday, May 1st from 11a to 4p. FREE.
- Deland – Buckler’s Craft Fair – Saturday and Sunday, May 1st and 2nd at the Volusia County Fairgrounds. Admission is $6.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – Spring Jazz Stroll on Saturday, May 1st. Gates open at 6p. Tickets are $17 for non-members and $13 for members. To join the Garden for entrance all year long as well as discounted tickets for special events – simply join on their website. Cost for family membership is $45 for the year and includes admittance into the Central Florida Zoo in Sanford. A great value!
- Ormond Beach – Art in the Park on Saturday, May 1st and Sunday, May 2nd. FREE
- Bok Tower Gardens – Concert Under the Stars, Saturday, May 1st from 7:30p – 9p. Tickets are $15 members – $20 nonmembers. Live music on the Great Lawn by the Imperial Symphony Orchestra.
- Bok Tower Gardens – April Moonlight Carillon Concert – Tuesday, April 27th from 7:30 – 9:00p. Half-price admission, and you can enjoy dinner at the Blue Palmetto Cafe’ prior to the concert.