As you know – this week marks our nation’s birthday celebration, so there will be lots of activities from which to choose. However, you may want to plan your own 4th of July party once the kids go to bed. Here are a few to consider:
- Finger paint on wax paper with vanilla pudding you’ve colored red and blue. Have fun licking the gooey mess from each others’ fingers.
- Plan a midnight picnic under the stars. Don’t forget the sparklers. Here are some more ideas for planning a romantic picnic!
- Buy or rent a John Phillips Sousa CD and make love to the patriotic beat! You may end up laughing the night away!
- Buy some body paint and have fun painting red, white and blue on your spouse.
Who knew the 4th of July could be so hot! 🙂
Now for the more traditional offerings in Orlando this week:
- Lake Ivanhoe Village – First Friday’s Art Stroll on Friday, July 2nd from 6:30p to 10p. FREE.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Red, Hot and Boom on July 3rd from 4p – 11p. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – 2010 Centennial Independence Day Celebration on Saturday, July 3rd. Parade begins at 10a. The day is full of activities with a fireworks show at dusk. FREE. For more info call 352-383-2165.
- New Smyrna Beach – 4th of July Fireworks and 5K Run on Sunday, July 4th. The race begins at 7a. The music begins at 4p and fireworks at dusk. FREE.
- Titusville – Red, White and Boom Fourth of July Celebration takes place on Sunday, July 4th beginning at 5p and runs until 9:30p. FREE.
- Celebration – A Flashback 4th of July on Sunday, July 4th beginning at 5:30p. Fireworks display starts at 9:30p. FREE.
- International Drive – Now through July 11 – Bass Pro Family Summer Camp at Festival Bay Mall:
Every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday between June 5th-July 11th! Free events include shooting gallery, shooting range, casting pond, crafts, smores and a free photo! Plus free family workshops that are open to all! Please call 407-563-5200 for more information.
- Winter Garden – Party in the Park on Saturday, July 3rd. Event takes place in Newton Park and begins at 5p – 9p. Fireworks display starts at 9:15p. FREE.