That’s right! How would you like to take us up on a challenge to look at the lighter side of life – to actually (LOL) laugh out loud, when you would normally react in anger?
It’s a simple challenge – really – yet most will find it appropriately called “a challenge”; We take life far too seriously, which leads to a wealth of trouble. Laughter is like medicine to the soul, so let’s take Scripture at its word and see if it isn’t so in our own marriage.
Here’s the plan:
- Read this excellent article by Ed Welch titled, Reasons To Laugh Each Day.
- Read this article with the 5 reasons as to why you should make your spouse laugh.
- Comment to this post saying you’re taking us up on the challenge.
- Beginning Monday, August 23rd we’ll start the two week challenge.
- Commit to laughing (not chuckling, but belly laughing) five days out of seven, or ten out of the fourteen days.
- On Monday, Labor Day, we’ll send out a request for testimonies as to how laughter has impacted your life.
Let’s pray that God will use this challenge to help us become less angry and more loving in our response to our spouse. Are you willing to give this a try? We think it will be fun and a great way to start a new school year! Besides, who doesn’t love to laugh?
When was the last time you and your spouse had a good, long laugh together?