Happy Monday! We’ve had quite the weekend; thus the late posting of the blog.
On Friday some of the girls in our family were on the TV show Family Feud. It was an unbelievable experience and lots of fun. We’re not allowed to tell you how we did, but we will be sure to let you know when our episode is going to air. The show started taping in Orlando this year at Universal Studios with a new host, comedian Steve Harvey. It was so much fun, and we made a great memory. Those who were on our team included: my daughter, Tracy; my daughter-in-law, Ashley; my sister-in-law, Sherry; and her daughter (my niece), Amy. We are the GRAY family (my maiden name!)
Now for what’s happening around town this week:
Saturday, September 25th is Museum Day in Central Florida. Here is a list of all the participating museums for your enjoyment:
Free admission to Orlando area museums including:
> Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens in Winter Park
> Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales
> Gillespie Museum of Minerals at Stetson University in Deland
> Maitland Historical Museum and Telephone Museum in Maitland
> Mennello Museum of American Art in Orlando
> Mount Dora History Museum in Mount Dora
> Orange County Regional History Center in Orlando
> Waterhouse Residence Museum in Maitland
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks in the Park on Thursday, Sept. 23rd starting at 8p. This month’s feature film is The Iron Giant. The movie will be shown at Lake Island Park, 255 South Denning Drive, Winter Park, FL 32789. FREE.
- Altamonte Springs: Uptown Altamonte
- Open Mic on Thursday, Sept. 23rd from 7p – 9p. This is great opportunity to showcase your talent. If you’re musical, why not sign up to surprise your spouse by singing a love song to them on a public stage?
- Friday Night Live on Friday, Sept. 24th from 8p – 10p. This week’s artist brings the sounds of the Islands with the band, DEJA.
- Sanford – Celebrating the Arts on First Fridays – Sept. 24th from 6p – 8:30p. This month they’re seeing everything red. The event is FREE. Plan a date night around this romantic color. Try dinner at Red Lobster, buy red roses or simply give a card made from red paper. A great themed date night awaits. For more ideas check out our “R” dates.
- New Smyrna Beach Jazz Festival is this weekend starting Friday night through Sunday. Check out their website for all the details. The event is FREE.
- Deland is hosting a weekend full of crafts, food, drinks and fun. Check out their website for all the details! A great time to enjoy the cooler weather.
- Titusville – An Antique Affair – A Unique Antique and Vintage Bazaar, September 25, 2010 — 9am to 3pm. Cassone Home Style Courtyard — 400 Julia Street, Downtown Titusville. The event is FREE.
And our final offering is a coupon good for a free entree’ at Tijuana Flats Restaurants. It valid TODAY ONLY. So for the spontaneous – this one’s for you!