It’s interesting how at Christmas and Easter churches are often full of people who normally don’t give much thought about Jesus and what His life, death and resurrection have meant to us. But for Christians, we know Christmas and Easter are celebrated all year long. Christ coming has changed us forever – not just one or two days a week, and we love to take part in church life!
How much the same is Valentines Day for us. Love is in the air most noticeably in the month of February, but romance is something we celebrate all year long! It is one of the best gifts God has given to husbands and wives, so we couldn’t be more excited to have this month to share with you many opportunities and great ideas. You won’t want to skip over this post! It is as full to the brim as a good cappuccino and just as sure to please!
First of all, this week is National Marriage Week. It is one week designated annually to help marriages grow both collectively and personally. The website offers lots of great ideas like a Couples Check Up to have the current state of your marriage assessed. The normal cost is $29, but this week you can take it for only $19. There is a Valentine Great Date idea sure to help you make the most of a romantic dinner together, whether at home or at your favorite restaurant. There is even a free kit to help you write your very own love letter as part of the One Million Love Letter challenge. Along with other resources worth checking out.
This is also Artsfest week in Central Florida. Below is a video which explains it better than we could. Most importantly all the Artsfest events are FREE.
For a complete list of these events click this link.
Now for our regular weekly features. We pray you have an amazing week with the love of your life, as you breathe life into your love!
Fun Dates To Celebrate: Most of these are self-explanatory and could make any day worth celebrating! Our “Here’s To Us” Challenge is THIS Saturday. If you haven’t celebrated an everyday moment yet this month – plan to this week!
8 – National Kite Flying Day
9 – National Bagels and Lox Day
9 – National Read in the Bathtub Day
10 – National Cream Cheese Brownie Day
10 – National Umbrella Day
11 – National Peppermint Patty day
12 – National Lost Penny Day – hide a penny and have your spouse find it by saying your getting warmer, warmer and hot! Hide it in a place they would enjoy finding it! 🙂
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks In The Park will be Thursday, February 10th starting at 7p. The featured film is Love Story and as always the movie and popcorn are FREE.
- Winter Park – Morse Museum of Art presents Free Fridays on February 11th from 4p – 8p. Live music is also provided for your romantic enjoyment.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa is Sunday, February 13th from 12p – 3p. Open house and live music is provided. Admission is FREE.
- Sanford – Alive After 5 presents Party Gras on Thursday, February 10th from 5p – 8p. Cost is $7.
- Deland – Craft and Beer Festival on Saturday, February 12th from 1p – 5p. Cost is $20 in advance and $25 at the door.
- Titusville – Romance Is In The Air event on Friday and Saturday, February 11th and 12th, Costs vary for different packages that include horse-drawn carriage rides, flowers, photos. Enjoy live music, wine and dessert with package purchase.
- Casselberry – Artsfest comes to Lake Concord Park with a FREE concert by the Orlando Concert Band. Concert begins at 7p and goes until 9p. A great way to celebrate Valentines Day a bit early!
- St. Cloud – Movie at the Lakefront on Friday, February 11th and begins at 7p. This month’s featured film is Despicable Me.
- Tampa – Florida State Fair runs from February 10th – 21st.