Easter Sunday was a full day for us. It began at 7a. for our church’s 2nd annual sunrise service. Followed by breakfast served outside in the morning light. Our 2nd service was filled with emotion as it was our daughter’s last Sunday with us. She and her family are moving to GA this coming weekend.
After service we had most of our family on both sides over to celebrate an Easter Feast along with an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids – 89 eggs for 6 children! Yes, it was a bit much, especially once the sugar settled in their little tummies. Lot’s of little Tiggers running around – bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, but they’re fun, fun, fun.
Everyone is gone now, and I’m sitting at the computer contemplating the week. We pray your Easter was filled with biblical reminders of the rich Truth of the resurrection. It has made all the difference in our lives, our marriage, and we will never tire of proclaiming it to all who will listen. May this week be a continued extension of the Easter message – He is Risen!
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- National Richter Scale Day – celebrate by watching Earthquake or any other classic earthquake movie. Or you could go out for a milkshake.
- Morse Code Day – Here’s a great chart to use to learn this code. Send you spouse a secret love note via Morse Code. Then, give them a box of Dots.
- National Kiss Your Mate Day – no explanation necessary, simply enjoy!
- Cubicle Day – if your spouse works in a cubicle – this is your chance to help them celebrate. Pack them a “cube lunch”. Cubed meats and cheese on a fresh salad, and be sure to include a Rubik’s Cube to play while munching away the lunch hour. They’ll be the envy of all the other cubicles.
- Arbor Day – Plant a tree together.
- Hairstyle Appreciation Day – Give yourself a new “do” and go out on the town to celebrate your new look.
- May Day – Celebrated the world over in various ways. Make up your own tradition to celebrate each year. Like play a romantic game of “Honey, May I?” Whatever you do make it something special you both love about the Summer.
♥ This Week In Orlando ♥
- Winter Park – Whole Foods Market presents the Wine & Beer Lounge on Friday, April 29th from 6p – 9p. Cost is $10 per person and includes food and drink samplings.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa on Sunday, May 1st from 12p – 3p. This week’s featured artist is Catherine Way – Solo Harp. FREE.
- College Park – Taste of College Park on Thursday, April 28th from 6p – 9:30p. Cost is $50 per person.
- Titusville – Final Launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavor on Friday, April 29th at 3:47p. Pack a picnic and make it a date to remember. FREE.
- Titusville – Thursday Night Live on April 28th Downtown from 6p – 8p. Featured artist: Gypsy Jazz – FREE.
- Clermont – Showcase of Citrus offers a pick it yourself grove with oranges, tangerines and grapefruit. They’re open 7 days a week from sun up to sun down. Check site for prices and map.
- Winter Garden – West Orange Trail is part of the rails to trails program in Central Florida. West Orange Trail Bikes and Blades offers bike and skate rentals by the hour or by the day.