As many of you are reading this post this morning the Space Shuttle Endeavor is taking off – weather permitting. It is scheduled to be launched at 8:56a. It’s easy to take for granted the massive amount of technology and experience necessary to accomplish such a mission. Everyone at NASA works together for one common goal – to get the shuttle safely up and safely down.
How like marriage – it takes both partners working together towards a common goal – the completion of our mission – to love each other “until death do us part.” How is your mission going? Are you on target or are you stuck in a holding pattern? Sometimes it takes an expert to help get your marriage ready to launch once again after being grounded for awhile. Seek help. be humble. After all the most important part of your marriage is to soar, not sit on the launch pad with no hope of taking off.
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- National Cherry Cobbler Day – a great reason to bake and serve this dessert – ala mode, of course! Here’s one of my favorite recipes for it!
- International Museum Day – this one could be a great date night – either plan to visit a museum together, or rent A Night At The Museum. Afterwards you could play “Statue.” The child’s game where you spin around a freeze like a statue when told. Maybe you could make up your own rules and try to be still while your spouse does all they can to make you move. 🙂
- National Devil’s Food Cake Day – why not bake one to share with your spouse – they’ll think you’re an angel, that is if they love chocolate.
- Be A Millionaire Day – Several ideas come to mind…play Monopoloy, watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while snacking on 100 Grand chocolate bars, or spend an evening dreaming of how you would use a million dollars.
- Pick Strawberries Day – plan a date on a local farm picking a quart or two. Don’t have one near you? Buy some strawberries. Feed them to each other or dip them in chocolate or both! 🙂
- National Memo Day – Since memos are little notes to remind you to do things important, have fun posting memos all over your room, your house, the car…wherever your spouse goes…telling them things you want them “to do” with you. These can be places to go, or make it a little steamier by adding things to do after the kids are in bed and the lights go down low.
- National Waitresses and Waiters Day – celebrate by going to a local diner for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Be sure to thank your waiter – that is if the food and service is good. Or you could play waitress/waiter and serve your spouse something hot.
- National Buy A Musical Instrument Day – even if you don’t play, it can be fun to go to the local music store to look around. If you or your spouse does play, many stores will let you try out the new instruments for free.
- National Vanilla Pudding Day – this creamy dessert has long been an American favorite. Add some bananas and Nilla wafers for the best Banana pudding to enjoy together.
♥ This Week In Orlando ♥
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa on Sunday, May 22nd from 12p – 3p. This month’s featured artist is Shannon Caine. The house is open to the public and the concert is FREE.
- College Park – Saturday, May 21st the Drum Circle of Orlando Brewery will perform in Albert Park from 7p – 9:30p. If you love percussion come have dinner at one of the restaurants across the street and enjoy this FREE entertainment.
- Altamonte Springs – Jazz Jams Uptown on Saturday, May 21st in beautiful Crane’s Roost Park. 8p – 10p. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – 3rd Annual Blues and Wine Festival this coming weekend. See website for times and prices as they vary from day to day.
- Mt. Dora – Taste of Mt. Dora on Sunday, May 22nd from from 5p – 8p. Cost is $35.
- Sanford – Cinema in the Park on Friday, May 20th at 8p. This month the featured film is Fantastic 4. FREE.
- Titusville – Launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavor on Monday, May 16th at 8:56a. Living in Orlando, I never tire of seeing these massive rockets soar into space. Sadly this is the second to the last one I will ever see.
- Celebration – Savor The Flavors will take place on Saturday, May 21st. Call any of the Main Street Restaurants for more information and reservations.
- Winter Garden – The Garden Theatre presents, The Sound of Music, now through May 29th. See site for dates, times and pricing.