Have you ever had one of those moments where you did something stupid and started to tell someone realizing you were only implicating your own stupidity? Well, this is my moment! I sat down today (Thursday) to post our Fragrant Aroma post for you and wanted to refer to our Mark Your Calendar post from Monday. As I pulled up the list of blog posts, this week’s Mark Your Calendar post was still listed as a Draft.
What? Didn’t I post on Monday? Apparently N.O.T. I worked on getting it ready, posted some amazing pictures and then, completely forgot to schedule it to post. Whoops!
So our Fragrant Aroma post is a whoops – it’s the post you should have read on Monday. The “fun dates to celebrate” have mostly passed – sorry – but you could always play catch up.
Maybe Memorial Day is about remembering more than those honored men and women who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom – maybe it includes remembering to remember the simple every day kind of things like doing what you promised. <sigh> Happy Memorial Day! 🙂
Every May for the past several years, Tom and I go to Chicago for the NRA (National Restaurant Show). Tom goes for business. I go to support him and to go shopping with some friends we’ve made in the industry. One thing is for sure – I love Chicago! I think part of my love for this city is the time of year in which I visit. If I were to go in the middle of winter, I don’t think I could handle the cold. If I were to go in the middle of summer, I don’t think I could handle the heat of the city. But May is….perfect! Here are a few photos I took while walking The Magnificent Mile, also known as Michigan Avenue.
See what I mean? These tulips line both sides of the street and down the median. The city is literally clothed in tulips! We had a couple of Here’s To Us moments while there – all in all it was a great trip. Do you have a special town you love to visit together? It doesn’t have to be far away – it could be a little town down the road. The point is to find a place and make it yours. Build memories, have great conversations, and enjoy all it has to offer. And don’t forget to take pictures! After all – they say it’s worth a thousand words. Something my husband is grateful for – look at the thousands of words I spared him by taking these pictures. 😉
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- National Escargot Day – I can honestly say, I will die before I ever eat a snail, but for those of you who go for this kind of thing…have at it!
- National Tap Dance Day – spend the evening watching Shirley Temple or Fred Estaire do what they do best.
- National Wine Day – stop whining, and enjoy a toast to your marriage!
- National Blueberry Cheesecake Day – buy your favorite plain version and pile it high with fresh blueberries, since they’re in season.
- National Grape Popsicle Day – Have you noticed? There’s a lot of purple to celebrate this week! Make this cool treat as a surprise for your sweetie and challenge them to a game of cards.
- National Hamburger Day – cook out by candlelight. Maybe consider making heart shaped burgers – it’s the thought that counts!
- International Jazz Day – and don’t forget to turn on your favorite jazz music.
♥ This Week In Orlando ♥
- Music at the Casa Feliz on Sunday, May 29th from 12p – 3p. FREE.
Well, we were surprised at how few things were happening this week in O-town. I guess with Summer knocking on our door, it’s time to head to the beach. When was the last time just the two of you drove to the beach for a nice long walk? Maybe this week would be the perfect time to plan such an evening, before the hoards of Summer arrive.
Have a great week!