Summer is well underway across America. Many are away on vacation enjoying the sunshine and the family time together. But if you happen to be home, why not plan a special night with your spouse? We offer a variety of Fun Holidays you most likely had no idea were even celebrated. We hope these may spark a creative idea for a romantic, fun night to make a memory. Or if you live in Central Florida, we offer things happen around our area this week. Make plans now because before you know it the week will be gone.
And as a special reminder – this Tuesday is the 12th! The day when we open our comments to hear about your “Here’s To Us” moment you’ve celebrated this past month. As always the winner is selected from all entries received using Random.org. This month we not only provide a free gift card to the restaurant of your choice, but we’re including a copy of Paul Tripp’s book, What Did You Expect?, currently our favorite book on marriage.
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- National Blueberry Muffin Day – a great start to the week. Surprise your sweetie with this treat for breakfast.
- Free Slurpee Day at 7-11 Convenience Stores.
- National Pecan Pie Day – whether you call it “Pea-can” or “Peh-cahn” doesn’t change the fact that this is my favorite pie of all time! Enjoy a slice for me, okay?
- National French Fries Day – only in America could we find a reason to justify indulging in this favorite fast food. Serve some with dinner at home or go out for your favorite french fries.
- Bastille Day – Actually a French holiday marking the beginning of democracy in France. Why not celebrate with a romantic French dinner. Viva la France!
- Cow Appreciation Day – a great day to be thankful for all the things cows provide for us. Start with a large glass of milk, then go out and grill up your favorite hamburger or steak. Add some cheese for a double bonus! Restaurants and dairy companies celebrate this day by offering specials. Watch for them, and save.
- Peach Ice Cream Day – what a peach of a holiday!
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks In The Park – Thursday, July 14th in Central Park. The movie, Rocky, begins at 8p. As always the movie and the popcorn are FREE.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa on Sunday, July 17th from 12p – 3p. This week’s artist is The Olde Noyse Chamber Music. FREE.
- Altamonte Springs – Jazz Jams Uptown on Saturday, July 16th at Cranes Roost Park. Food will be available for purchase from Bubbalou’s BBQ and Jersey Mike’s Subs. The event is FREE.
- Sanford – Alive After Five presents “Celebrate America” on Thursday, July 14th from 5p – 8p. Cost is $7.
- Deland – Tropical Nights in downtown Deland will take place on Friday, July 15th from 6p – 9p. FREE.
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts presents Santa and Mrs. Claus Summer Vacation on Saturday and Sunday, July 16th and 17th and 23rd and 24th. This would be a fun family date night.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery presents the Summer Music Series on Saturday, July 16th from 1p – 4p. FREE.
This is post #11 in the Ultimate Blog Challenge to post everyday in July.