I love Scrabble. Tom doesn’t. Mostly because words are my friends, and he feels outnumbered when we play. But we don’t play much anymore, which is sad. Words could be Tom’s friends too, if he would just give them a chance.
He has a better relationship with numbers. Me? Not so much. I don’t do numbers because they always have to be just right. Get one off and the whole deal is over. They seem too stuffy for me – too in your face. I like words because there are several meanings for one word. It’s not that way with numbers. 2 + 2 always equals 4. Where’s the creativity in that? There’s no room for self-expression.
Tom can keep his numbers, and I’ll keep my words. But what if…
…we could join the two into an amazing game perfectly suited to us and our close friends? Hmm…
Scrabble Memories – a new game with a romantic twist!
Tonight we played a new version of Scrabble that we made up ouselves. Here are the rules if you should choose to play:
- Take all the Scrabble letters and place them face up on the table.
- Light a couple of candles for ambiance. 🙂
- Place the letters of your last name on the center of the board – however you choose as long as the center X is covered.
- Give each player the points scored with your last name. Remember the center X doubles the value of the word. Since you are one – it simply makes sense you both get the points scored by using your last name.
- Whoever is the oldest goes first. Make a word using whatever letters you want providing they represent a romantic memory you both share AND it ties into your name.
- The next player goes using whatever letters he/she wants as long as it is a romantic memory you both share.
- Keep score of the points as you go.
- The goal is to see if you can use all the letters – filling up the Scrabble board with lots of romantic memories.
Tonight – Tom won! My “friends” were so happy he wanted to play they decided to jump on board adding their value to his numbers. I didn’t have a chance. But hey, I’m glad to see my friends are finally warming up to my best friend! I just hope my BFF is warming up to them. I think letting him win is a good start, don’t you think? 😉 And just look at the memories we recounted! A truly successful date night!
This is post #26 in The Ultimate Blog Challenge to post everyday in July.