I wasn’t feeling well last week, and this week we are on Papa and Nana duty with our two granddaughters. Our son and his lovely wife are away celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary – the first time since their honeymoon. Anyway, as you can imagine – romance hasn’t been high on our list. But Tom still managed to take my breath away in an unexpected way. In fact, he used the same trick twice! Look what I found in the kitchen cabinet where I store my PG Tips tea bags – part of my morning ritual:
Notice at the bottom it says, “Recycled love note.” Yep, he placed the same note in the same place a couple of days later. 🙂 It was a small way he shared with me his care and love. My favorite part is how he always puts a ♥ for the dotted “i” in my name. He has done this since we dated 33 years ago.
As he was tucking Bristol and Willow into bed tonight, I heard him reading Mother Goose and remembered how he used to do this for our children. It seems like a lifetime ago, but I can honestly say, I’m enjoying our life and love even more now than I did then. The saying, “Come grow old with me, the best is yet to be,” is TRUE. If you continue to build and work on your marriage – the rewards are rich indeed.
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- Chocolate Milkshake Day – Where is your favorite place for a great shake?
- National Video Games Day – to be celebrated only if the two of you enjoy doing this together. 🙂
- Fortune Cookie Day – order out for Chinese for dinner and finish with this special cookie. Or you could bake your own.
- National Peanut Day – Ever had boiled peanuts? It’s a southern tradition and esp. good enjoyed on a crisp Autumn day.
- National Cream Filled Doughnut Day
- National Apple Dumpling Day – celebrate by baking or buying this special dessert and then, watch the classic comedy The Apple Dumpling Gang.
- National Cheeseburger Day
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
Don’t forget September is Magical Dining Month in Orlando. It’s your opportunity to try various restaurants at a Prix Fixe menu price.
- Thornton Park 3rd Thursday Art Walk on September 15th from 6p – 9p. FREE.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa on Sunday, September 18th from 12p – 3p. FREE.
- Maitland – Lake Lilly presents a Food Truck Pod in beautiful surroundings where you can sample some great food. Food is served from 6p – 9p. every Tuesday night.
- Altamonte Springs – Friday Night Live at Uptown Altamonte. Robert Harris is the featured artist and will perform from 7p – 9p. FREE.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery presents Jazz at the Winery on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 17th and 18th. Check website for times and prices.