I’m glad today is finally here, because it means tomorrow it will be over. I’m talking about Halloween. I don’t mind the candy, it’s the evil pictures and horrifying commercials that seem to be everywhere that I hate. And soon it will all be packed away for another year. I’m thrilled.
Today also marks the end of the Ultimate Blog Challenge we’ve participated in this month. This is our second go around, and we’ve loved the new friends we’ve made in the process. We’ll return to our regular schedule of posting 5 days a week, instead of 7. It’s nice to have the weekends off, and it allows our Happy Hour post to stay up Saturday and Sunday giving you time to read the other great marriage blogs out there. Now it’s time to make plans for some special time with your spouse. The weather is beautiful, so there are lots of great ideas to choose from. Have fun!
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
Since November begins on Tuesday we are sharing the monthly holiday designations as well.
Did you know November is:
- Aviation History Month – Watch one of those good movies about the Wright Brothers or Amelia Earhart.
- National Model Railroad Month
- National Novel Writing Month – this one is dear to my heart!
- Native American Heritage Month
- Real Jewelry Month – who knew? What a great thing to celebrate. 😉
- Look for Circles Day – here’s a twist, cut out a bunch of circles and write things you love about your spouse. Hide them all over the house. Plan dinner to be with all circles i.e. ravioli, garlic bread rounds, tomato and mozzarella cheese salad, served on round plates of course. Have your favorite round cake or pie for dessert, and then, enjoy a round of cards. Or put together a round puzzles…okay, you get the idea. No sense in going round in circles about it.
- Deviled Egg Day – if only they were round.
- Sandwich Day – celebrate by eating a sandwich for every meal. Or pack your sweetie a sandwich they’ve never had before.
- King Tut Day – if you think of a way to make this romantic, please post it on the comments.
- Book Lovers Day – plan a date at your local bookstore and find a couple of favorites to read together while sipping coffee or tea.
- Saxophone Day – watch a DVD of Kenny G in concert together. Or listen to the great music byDavid Sanborn or Dave Koz.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Orlando Museum of Art – 1st Thursdays on November 3rd from 6p – 9p. The theme for this month is Surrealism Lives!
- Leu Gardens – Date Night in the Garden on Friday, November 4th. The garden opens at 6p. The movie begins at 7:30p. This month’s feature film is Sherlock Holmes. Bring your blanket, chairs, picnic and bug spray. It’s a beautiful setting for a great night out. Cost is $7. FREE for members.
- Winter Park – Park Avenue presents Concours d’Elegance on Saturday and Sunday, November 5th and 6th. FREE.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live on November 4th from 7p – 9p. FREE.
- Sanford – Jazzed in Sanford on Saturday, November 5th from
- Lake Mary/Heathrow Festival of the Arts on Saturday and Sunday, November 5th and 6th. FREE.
- Deland – Volusia County Fair begins on Thursday, November 3rd at 4p. and runs through November 13th. See site for prices and details.
- Kissimmee – Bluegrass Jam Session at the Osceola County Historical Society on Sunday, November 6th. FREE.
- Lake Wales – Bok Tower Gardens presents the Sunset & Symphony Fall Concert on Saturday, November 5th from 6p – 8p. The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra will perform. Bring a picnic and enjoy great music while watching the sun set.
- Celebration, FL – Town Center presents the Alpha Romeo Car Show on Saturday, November 5th from 10a – 3p. FREE.
This is our final post #31 in the Ultimate Blog Challenge to post everyday in October.
We did it!!