How do you celebrate your wedding anniversary? Is it a special date on the calendar every year where you know you’re going to have quality time together? Or do you simply exchange cards? For the most part we have celebrated every anniversary in a special way from year one. In fact, I used our wedding guest book to record what we did each year to celebrate so we wouldn’t forget. It has become a fun tradition for us, and seeing each year bridges the years together into one grand celebration of our marriage as a whole. God has been good, and this list is proof of His blessing on our life.
But even if we were unable to celebrate in a special way, we would still marvel at the kindness of God. The fun isn’t in what we do as much as it is in wanting to be together.
I remember when our daughter was born 2 and a half weeks before our 5th anniversary. I was 10 days past my due date and ended up having an emergency C-section after enduring 12 hours of intense labor. I was in no shape or frame of mind to think about our anniversary. We had a son who wasn’t even two yet, so our life was incredibly full. I remember Tom buying me flowers saying we would celebrate later when we were both up to it. It was thoughtful on his part to remember, but kind for him to take into consideration what I had just gone through.
This Saturday marks another special anniversary for us – 3 years of The Romantic Vineyard. We are incredibly excited to celebrate. It is a chance to look back and see what God has done and to thank Him for His kindness to us. So after you read through our normal Mark Your Calendar features today, be sure to enjoy our Countdown Video for 5 days and counting. We hope you’re enjoying them as much as we enjoyed finding them.
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day – Can you say Almond JOY!?
- Cook Something Bold Day – the idea of this one is to cook something which fills your home with the best scents of fall. Try these Autumn recipes.
- Forget Me Not Day – Yes, there are flowers by this name, but you could make a letter telling your spouse all the reasons you will never forget them. Or give them something of yourself to make sure they’ll never forget you. 😉
- Veteran’s Day – It also happens to be 11.11.11! This won’t happen for another 100 years.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Day – Make some homemade chicken soup and read a few stories or poems aloud to one another.
- World Kindness Day – Do something together for someone other than yourselves. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, visit a nursing home or a hospital for children. Then, eat together at an international restaurant of your choice.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
First of all, we want to share with you an extensive list that includes 100 ways to celebrate the Christmas season. It’s good to know these dates in advance, so you can reserve the dates.
- Downtown Orlando – Veteran’s Day Parade will take place on Saturday, November 12th beginning at 11a. Wear your red, white and blue and come celebrate 11.11.11. on the 12th.
- Uptown Altamonte – Friday Night Live on November 11th from 7p – 9p. Free outdoor concert in a beautiful setting.
- Winter Park – Morse Museum of American Art presents Music in the Gallery and Open House. Every Friday evening from November through April the museum will be free from 4p – 8p. There will be live music as well.
- Loch Haven Park – Festival of Trees will begin on Saturday, November 12th and run through the 20th. Visit Orlando Museum of Art website for details.
- Sanford – Alive After Five will take place on Thursday, November 10th from 5p. – 9p. Cost is $5.
- New Smyrna Beach – BBQ Festival on Thursday, November 10th from 5p – 9p. The event will take place on Flagler Avenue.
- Mt. Dora – Movie in the Park on Friday, November 11th. The movie will be Atlantis: The Lost Empire and will be shown in Donnelley Park. Show begins at dusk.
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival ends November 14th. This is the last weekend to enjoy this special event.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery’s 21st Annual Holiday Open House is Friday, November 11th – Sunday, November 13th. Admission is FREE. See site for times and entertainment schedule.
- Downtown Disney – Festival of the Masters will take place Friday, November 11th through Sunday, November 13th. Stroll the sidewalks while enjoying the artists at work. Cost is FREE.
- Celebration – A Taste of Celebration will take place on Saturday, November 12th from 5p – 10p. Fireworks at 9p.
Five Days And Counting….