I don’t like roller coasters. I used to when I was little, but something happened after I had children. Maybe it was wisdom! 🙂 I don’t like anything which frightens me or causes my adrenaline to soar with the eagles. Slow and steady with both feet on the ground is the way I prefer it. Seriously, it’s the only way I’ll take it, thank you!
January could be called a roller coaster of sorts. By God’s providence we have nearly every day scheduled with something to do, somewhere to go or someone to serve. And a lot of the plans are things we’re doing separately – not fun, but necessary. We’ve seen this time coming, but there’s a sense tonight that we need to hold on, but to what?
We must hold on to US, and we must hold on to GOD. He is our keeper and the only One who can help us connect during this unusually busy season. The craziness began on Saturday, and it won’t let up until we go away for our 33rd anniversary in February. As I’m typing and Tom’s eating his 10p snack in the next room, there is a longing to be just US. But neither time nor providence will allow it. We have learned through the years that this is okay. At the end of the busyness, Lord willing, we’ll both be here to have and to HOLD. And maybe then, we’ll be able to plan a fun date night to celebrate together!
If you have the time this week why not plan something fun and/or meaningful to do together? You never know when the schedules will interfere keeping you from going and doing in the way you would like. Hold on.
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- Houseplant Appreciation Day – A great day to surprise your spouse with a houseplant! Hide their favorite candy bar in the leaves as a sweet touch!
- Peculiar People Day – Grab a cup of coffee and go to the mall for the purpose of finding the most peculiar people while watching the shoppers go by.
- Make Your Dreams Come True Day – pick one of your spouse’s dreams and do all you can to make it come true in some way tonight.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks In The Park will take place on Thursday, January 12th. The movie begins at 7p. and this month’s feature is the classic, The Nutty Professor. As always the movie and the popcorn are FREE.
- Winter Park – Morse Museum of Art – Music in the Galleries will take place on Friday, January 13th. The Open House is FREE and goes from 4p to 8p. Live music is provided while you stroll the beautiful art gallery.
- Celebration – Winter Sidewalk Sale will take place this weekend on January the 13th – 15th.
- Sanford – Alive After Five presents their annual Chili Cook Off on Thursday, January 12th. The fun begins at 5p., and the cost is $7.
- Clermont – Winter Music Series at Lakeridge Winery on Saturday, January 14th from 1p – 4p. FREE.