Before we share with you our “Specials of the Week…”
I must make a confession to you today. I’m sick today after fighting off the symptoms of a cold all week. I’m still in bed at noon, writing and surfing my favorite marriage blogs for today’s Happy Hour post, but I must tell you–I’m pretty discouraged when it comes to our blog. We have had ongoing issues with our RSS feed, our domain name, broken links, etc. I’m not techie and neither is Tom. Tom is busy with work traveling more than he ever has in our marriage. I miss him and his help with these issues, but it’s providential. So I do the best I can, but seeing how our readership has dropped lets me know things aren’t right. Thank you for your patience and for your help – one blogging friend has even signed on as an administrator to try and help with our problem. Another has researched extensively our feed and could find nothing wrong. It is a kindness I will never forget, but the issue remains.
Why am I telling you all this? I suppose its because I want to be transparent. It’s easy for people on-line to think we have everything together because of how it appears at first glance. But we’re normal people, with normal struggles, who at times haven’t a clue what the next step is – BUT God is our source and strength. He will help me in His time, not mine.
In the meantime, I will continue to write, pray, hope and trust that He will use it all for His glory, even if He is the only one who can read it.
Thanks for giving me the chance to share this with you. Would you pray for us that God would lead us to those who can help us fix our blog issues? We are feeling quite helpless, but not without hope. This provides the perfect segue into our first blog post we think is quite special:
Encourage Your Spouse
- Building Hope – this post goes right along with our recent post on 1 Corinthians 13 titled, Love Hopes All Things. Are you a hope builder? This post will help you answer this question honestly.
- A Prayer For Your Home – Ann Voskamp, author of the beautiful book titled, One Thousand Gifts, offers a prayer today that I’ve found very helpful. Enjoy this post, enjoy her website. It is as beautiful as her writing.
Journey To Surrender
- Navigating The Marriage Road – Part 3 – Scott shares the three important tools to use in navigating this lifelong road. Click over to see what they are!
- Do You Have The Valentines Blues? – Lori actually did this interview with her local NBC News affiliate. What a privilege to have such an audience, and you’ll see she did an excellent job. Let’s pray for results in the marriages of those who heard her speak live.
Marriage Missions International
- The Days After Valentines Day – a great reminder for all of us.
Ship Bound For Tarshish
- My good friend Bonnie always makes me laugh. You’ll enjoy her thoughts on Forty Years of Dating.
- Another good friend offers a great post on his 21 years of wedded bliss!
The Generous Husband
- Find Good Buttons To Push – this is a MUST read for all husbands. Too often we focus on the negatives and how to fix them, rather than working on the positives.
The Generous Wife