Today is a day known mostly as one where schools are closed, and where great sales are taking place in various stores. Other than that, it’s just another day on the calendar.
But we wanted to share with you something special–a Presidential Love Story. George W. and Laura Bush were married in November of 1977. We all know them from a distance, but we found an amazing testimony that brings their love and marriage closer so we can learn and glean from their example. Here is a sampling of how they both describe their love and admiration for each other:
The President, ever more effusive in his manner, has declared what we have all come to understand: “Laura is a beautiful person, inside and out.” She is to him, “mi esposa…mi amore”… my wife, my love, and “the great love of my life.” And in moments when she needed assurance and encouragement, he has been known to say, “You look beautiful, babe!” What a gift it is to the leader of the free world to have a woman by his side who has covenanted to be with him always in love and support! Laura has observed that in politics you have many enemies, so it’s better if it’s not your spouse. It’s not difficult to see that these two are not enemies! In a rare unguarded moment when asked about the President’s appearance, Laura expressed that “After nearly 30 years of marriage, I still think the President is the most handsome man I know.”
….. Who can argue with that?
We want to share the rest with you for it is worth reading. Simply click on the picture above to be taken to the original website, which includes more pictures as well.
Be sure to come back to see what’s happening in Orlando this week too.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Winter Park – Friday Nights at the Morse Museum from 4p – 8p. Admission is FREE, and music is provided. A very romantic evening to enjoy the Tiffany Windows on display.
- Sanford – Art Walk is always on the 4th Friday of the month, February 24th. Come stroll the downtown district at 6p where art, food and music will be available for you to enjoy. FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – Art Fiesta will take place on Saturday and Sunday, February 25th and 26th. The times are from 9a – 5p. FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – Walk of Fame – NSB and the Merchants of Flagler Avenue invite you to purchase a brick engraved with your own special message to line the walkway along the Avenue. What a creative way to express your love.
- New Smyrna Beach – Fire Rings are available in the evening to rent for FREE. You must simply reserve one of the 8 rings available. A fire ring is a designated pit on the beach where you are allowed to have a bon fire. You must provide your own wood.
- Winter Garden – Farmer’s Market on Saturday, February 25th from 8a. – 1p. South Boyd Street parking lot.
Here is a complete list of Central Florida Farmer’s Markets taking place on a weekly basis. Be sure to contact the one you are planning to visit to make sure there are no changes in schedules. This is the best time of year to be outside and enjoy the crisp, cool air.
Oh, I love this kind of story, Debi! You made my day!
I thought of you when I found it! You inspire me!
They really are a great advertisement for marriage. Thanks for sharing.
That’s exactly what I thought, Bonnie, when I read this. I couldn’t help but share. The pictures are wonderful!