We’ve recently discovered Urbanspoon.com where patrons rate the restaurants where they eat giving them a thumbs up or thumbs down. You can share pictures of your food, what you liked and didn’t like about your experience, etc. There is even a smart phone app. available to help you when you’re traveling.
We used this on our recent vacation and what a difference it made in the quality of food we enjoyed. We simply clicked the “nearby” button bringing all the restaurants nearby on the screen. We then scrolled the list looking for those restaurants with a 90% or higher rating. It was so helpful we added our own reviews and pictures of the restaurants where we dined.
If you would like to join simply click the link above. It will take you to their main page where you can sign up. Then, click HERE to follow us as we eat out and rate our experience. What a helpful tool to allow us to have a better night out together without the typical Dinner Date Dilemma we’re all too familiar with.
The best news? This app works anywhere there have been users to rate the restaurants. If no one has begun in your area, why not be the first? Your friends will thank you for the help, and it will provide a record of where you’ve dined. Kind of a date night diary. 🙂
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Orlando – Central Florida Fair through March 11th. See site for times and prices.
- Orlando – Red Hot and Blue of Yale University presents An Evening of Jazz A Cappella on Saturday, March 10th at The Cathedral Church of St. Luke’s.
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks In The Park on Thursday, March 8th. This month’s movie is The Man Who Knew Too Much. The movie begins at 7p. FREE.
- Winter Park – Friday Nights At The Morse presents live celtic music and FREE admission on March 9th from 4p – 8p.
- Winter Park – Orlando Philharmonic presents Spring Pops Concert, Master of the Movies on Sunday, March 10th starting at 7p. in Central Park. FREE.
- Maitland Art Museum presents Culture and Cocktails on Friday, March 9th from 6p. – 9p. Admission is $5 and includes one drink ticket. Food will be available for purchase by Fork In The Road Food Truck. Admission is FREE for members.
- Sanford – Alive After Five – It’s a Green Thing theme on Thursday, March 8th, from 5p. – 8p. Cost is $7 and includes food samples, drinks and live music.
- Daytona Beach – Bike Week is March 10th – 18th.
- Baldwin Park Food and Wine Festival on Saturday, March 10th from 6p – 9p.
- Hard Rock Live at Universal Studios presents Classic Albums Live – The Beatles, Let It Be, on Friday, March 9th at 8p.
- Plant City – Florida Strawberry Festival through March 11th. See site for times and prices.