We have been in the process of replacing the drain field for our septic system, not a fun project to spend money on, but necessary–oh, so very necessary. It’s necessary because we want all of it to work properly in order to dispose of things we don’t want bubbling up inside our home.
Once the roots were removed, the old system pulled out, the new pipes installed and covered with fresh dirt, something amazing happened. Our yard looked beautiful! We have a new yard with fresh sod. We have new dirt to plant new shrubs. We are certain whatever we plant will grow because the ground is no longer root-bound.
What seemed like a yucky thing to spend time doing has ended up being a beautiful thing. In fact, we sat outside on our front porch last night just so we could look at how nice it all appears. The best part is knowing not only is what we see nice, but what we don’t see is nice too.
This reminded me of the time when God chose to move on my heart in a significant way. It was regarding my pride and God’s desire to help me cultivate humility. I plan to talk more about this next week, because I’m sensing God’s pull to revisit this season from my life. I believe it will help your marriage for it helped mine greatly. And I pray it will freshly impact my life as I need to be reminded of where I was and what God has done.
Now it’s time for Happy Hour and our Specials of the Week. We want to start with the new blog of a dear friend. Sheree has had more impact on my life in regards to going after the sinful cravings of my own heart, than anyone else. Not only has she demonstrated what the mortification (death) of sin looks like, but she has lovingly helped me learn how to do it myself.
- Shrinking Giants – An excellent metaphor on allowing the love of other things to replace the love of God in our lives. This could include the love for your spouse and the craving of their attention. All I can say is WOW!
- Finding Goodness In Disappointment – Another reminder of how God’s goodness and sovereignty go hand-in-hand, always! Are you facing disappointment–this is a must read to readjust your thoughts to line up with the Truth of the Gospel.
- Cutting Through The Crap – Are your routines helpful or binding? It may be time to take a fresh look at what you’re doing and see if it’s still working for you.
- Encouragement Barriers – An honest look at your own heart and whether or not you’re really encouraging to your spouse. Warning: You may be really convicted on this one.
- The Power of Positive – The first of an entire series. Start here and scroll through all of them.
- How To Boost Your Willpower, Success In Marriage And Life – Great practical advice for those struggling with motivation.
- Love Needs Nurturing – Comes with a helpful compilation of tips on how to do this practically. Excellent!
- Inner Demons – An honest, heart-wrenching post about the struggles after adultery in marriage. Read this whether this has occurred in your marriage or not. We are all susceptible to temptation and what better way to arm ourselves than to hear the testimony of others who have gone this way and regretted it.
- Sex With A Bun In The Oven – If you are expecting a baby there is hope and help for your sex life. And excellent post with great advice.
- Then Comes Baby In A Baby Carriage – A must read for both husband and wife who are about to become parents or who have already entered into this fast-paced, exhausting lifestyle.