Mother’s Day was yesterday. It was a fun day, but our daughter and family, who live in Atlanta were greatly missed. I don’t think I’ll ever adjust to the distance between us, yet God in His kindness took thought of me in a very special way.
I love flowers of all kinds, but dahlias have a special place in my heart. Each year I anticipate what this year’s plants will look like. On Sunday morning I looked out our bedroom window and noticed a special surprise–three dahlias had opened over night, one each from separate plants. I have three children, each unique in the joy they bring to our family, so to see these three flowers each beautiful but different, was like God saying,
“You may not have all your children with you today, but here is a reminder for you from Me. Enjoy!”
How often God sends us little things like this to comfort us and let us know He sees, He hears, and most of all He cares for us. In what ways has God shown you His special attention lately? Oftentimes we miss it if we’re not paying attention, so let this be a reminder to keep your eyes open for little messages from your Heavenly Father.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Loch Haven Park – Orlando International Fringe Festival will take place May 16th – 28th. See site for prices, times and rules on how to Fringe.
- Uptown Altamonte – Jazz Jams Uptown will take place on Saturday, May 19th from 7p – 10p. Admission Charge.
- Eustis – Magnolia Stroll on Saturday, May 19th from 5p – 9p. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door.
- Lake Wales – Bok Tower Gardens presents Armed Forces Day Carillon concert on Sunday, May 19th from 1p – 3p. Concert free with admission to garden.
- Lake Wales – Bok Tower Gardens presents Live At The Gardens on Sunday, May 19th from 7:30p – 9:30p. Tickets are $20.