This date is a great way to let your spouse know all the things you love and appreciate about them.
Start by making a list of those things you appreciate most about your spouse.
It has been said, “what we appreciate, appreciates.” And this couldn’t be more true in our marriage. If we are in the habit of showing appreciation it has a way of motivating our spouse to do all the more.
Below is a possible list of things you could do for specific things you might appreciate:
- For giving a helping hand when you need it – give them a hand massage with body oil. Be sure to give their hands lots of kisses too.
- For speaking kind words of encouragement – give them a long, kiss as a huge thank you.
- For making the bed everyday – give them a coupon for breakfast in bed, OR coupons good for a month (or a week) of making the bed for them.
- For paying the bills faithfully – give them a night where they’re certain to not think of the bills. Making love always takes the mind off such things. 😉
- For working hard on the job 5 days a week – give them 5 hours to do what they want on the day of their choosing.
- For fixing great meals day after day – order dinner take-out and serve your spouse insisting they can’t do a thing to help.
- For being an encourager to you – write a list of things you know will encourage them. The longer the better. Have them sit and look at your while you read the list to them.
Hopefully, you get the idea. There really is no right or wrong way to plan this date. Even if you simply make a list of all the things you appreciate about them. See if you can come up with a list that matches the number of years you’ve been married. The most important thing is that whatever you do, your spouse should feel appreciated by the end of the night.
Taking part in the Challenge? Click on the GYRO Challenge button in the header and share with us what you did under Week #9.
Love this. Such sweet ideas!