Valentine’s Day is Saturday. You may be giddy with excitement; you may be dreading another expectation on your horizon; or you may be indifferent and could care less. Whatever your mindset, the fact is–you are married; you love your spouse; and hopefully you enjoy making them smile. We want to encourage you to make the most of the time you’ve been given to love your spouse well.
We would like to offer a little inspiration for you this year. Each day this week we’re going to provide a post that will provide a way to make your spouse smile that day. They won’t be difficult or expensive, just thoughtful ways to let your spouse know how you feel towards them.
TEXT YOUR SPOUSE A HEART-FELT SENTIMENT
Choose one or more from the list below:
- This week I’m purposing to show you in specific ways how much your love means to me. This is just the start. (Follow with another text from the list below).
- If I could do it all over again, I would still choose you.
- Please let me know what I did to deserve you…I want to make sure I keep on doing it. Love you.
- I thank God for making the two of us one. I’m a better me with you.
- I love you so much. No matter where our lives take us I will always be by your side. XOXO
- And there ain’t no nothing we can’t love each other through. What would we do baby, without us?
- Life is full of romance, passion and surprises, but it would mean nothing without you by my side.
- Thank you for giving me the strength I need to walk this road. I can’t imagine life without you–grateful I don’t have to.
- You are my sunshine my only sunshine. Your voice brightens my day and lightens my load. Thank you.
- I love you in the morning, in the middle of the day, in the hours we are together, and the hours we are apart. xoxo
- You are my partner and best friend, and I’m grateful to live life by your side.
- Good morning beautiful/handsome. Have an amazing day. I love you.
- Oh so lucky to have you. => You and me tonight.
- You’ve seen me at my best and my worst, yet love me anyway. It’s awesome to be your (nickname/husband/wife).
- The moon is beautiful tonight, and it made me think of you.
- Hey (nickname) Can’t wait to kiss you when we see each other later today. Love you.
- I’m having one of those days that make me realize how lost I’d be without you… Just wanted to let you know. Love you (nickname).
- Love inspires me to live life with you as we were meant to: with truth, passion, romance, and intimacy. XOXO
- The shortest word I know is “I”. The sweetest word I know is “LOVE”. And the person I never forget is “YOU”.
- Sex is awesome, but it’s the emotional, spiritual, & physical intimacy we have that makes it mind blowing!
- Good morning beautiful/handsome! Can’t wait to set my eyes on you again tonight.
- I’m thinking about when you wear __________ as it totally turns me on!
- Our love is like a fine wine, as it ages it just gets better & better.
- I don’t say it often enough, but I want you to know that I love you.
- Remember that place where we had sex…(insert place)? I kind of want to go there again.
(Thanks to One Extraordinary Marriage for providing much of this list.)
NOTE: If you haven’t made plans for Saturday yet, check out our monthly post on the Engaged Marriage blog today–it’s titled, Dinner and a Movie–It’s Not What You Think. This post is part of the CMBA Challenge to write a post about date night ideas.