The weather is beautiful this time of year for most places. But Florida outdoes herself in the Spring, if I say so myself.
Tom and I drove to the other side of town this past weekend to check out the East End Market. It is a place we’ve heard about, but never taken the time to go. Can I just say, “Wow?!”
It has a cool vibe with several local shops inside the main building:
- Lineage Coffee Roasting
- La Femme du Fromage – offering artisan cheeses
- Houndstooth Sauce Company – where we had a delicious lunch
- Gideon’s Bakehouse – with some of the most incredible cookies and cakes I’ve seen on display in a bookshop vibe.
- Skyebird Juice Bar and Experimental Kitchen
- 99 Market – providing beautiful exotic live plants and floral bouquets to purchase.
- and so much more.
There was live entertainment on the patio and a growing vegetable and flower garden out front. It was a celebration of all things I love–a win, win for our date day.
So for this week’s prompt…
We encourage you to check out someplace nearby where you’ve never been. Go when you have time to relax and really take in the experience. And when you do, we’d love to hear what fun places you discover. Don’t forget to take pictures.