The time to venture outside into the sunshine and warmth of longer days. Unless…
…you live in Florida.
Summer here is humid…
The only way to enjoy this season is on or in the water. Thankfully we have air conditioning which makes the scorching heat bearable.
All the great ideas found in Summer magazines don’t really work for us. We have to adapt to our environment and make the best of it.
When it’s too hot outside try these cool dates:
- Indoor Picnic – Set up your blanket and picnic basket on your living room floor. Prepare a gourmet lunch or your favorite sandwiches and settle down together for an indoor memory. Put on a Netflix documentary about a desired travel destination and enjoy your relaxing time together dreaming of the cooler weather.
- Boat, Canoe or Kayak Rentals
- Take Paddle Board or Surfing lessons
- Go fishing
- Play the tourist and visit a local museum or art gallery.
- Visit a Hotel Spas for an afternoon at the pool. If the budget allows throw in a couples massage.
- Try our Mall 10-5-1 Date. This is one of my favorites on a hot or rainy day.
The important thing to remember is our marriages are priority no matter the weather conditions.
If we’re not careful our good intentions can take a back seat to convenience.
Don’t let this happen by planning ahead. Your marriage is worth it!